Homer's surprise move this year ...

Guest mojo1917

No, just his rights got traded (bought) in the KHL. He hasn't signed anything and still appears to be saying that he wants to play in the NHL, which puts the Rags definitely in play.

With uncertainty around the CBA you could see him signing a KHL contract with an opt-out clause on whether there is an NHL season. Look for the Preds to trade his rights for a pick at or before the Draft.

Podein:

Thanks for the clarification. The guy has talent. Whether it will be put to use is a different story. Given the Poile-Holmgren relationship, I guess we rule it out.

Peace,

Howie

How about this, and this is pure speculation based upon nothing i've heard, just trying to think like "trader Paul".

Stamkos.

think about it, Tampa needs some depth and some goaltending, we need a scoring winger for Giroux, we send them Bobs, JvR, a tweener like Harry Z or Welly (as much as i'd hate to see him go) and a first and a conditional pick.

huh huh , what,?

that's just what that crazy mother fer would do, float a bunch of crap about Parise and Nash, then slide up to stevie y and use the old homer mind trick on him .... wait then stevie y would have a no trade clause.... but maybe homer has some pictures of stevie y at the 7-11 taking the cosmo quiz or something.

i think the sneaky bastard homer has some crazy **** in the works.

and i wouldn't be surprised if its something like that and he throws a big offer for garrison from florida.

Trade for Luongo..and now have the most overpaid and worst goalie tandem in the league..

The guy has talent. Whether it will be put to use is a different story

Yup, he does. It's not even a question of putting it to use. He did in the KHL. Can he become a member of a team is the question, especially one that can win in the playoffs which involves trust, discipline, sacrifice etc.

He can make $10M in the KHL reportedly, such are his skills. I do believe he wants to play in the NHL and be a medium-sized fish in the largest pond vs a large fish in a medium pond, but I can't see him playing in the NHL for much less than $6-7M.

Trade for Luongo..and now have the most overpaid and worst goalie tandem in the league..

I thought we already had that wrapped up into one nice package in Bryz?

And as for Radulov...gawd no. Sorry Howie, we did the Zherdev thing. This guy is Zherdev who likes to party.