Homer's surprise move this year ...

Guest mojo1917

How about this, and this is pure speculation based upon nothing i've heard, just trying to think like "trader Paul".

Stamkos.

think about it, Tampa needs some depth and some goaltending, we need a scoring winger for Giroux, we send them Bobs, JvR, a tweener like Harry Z or Welly (as much as i'd hate to see him go) and a first and a conditional pick.

huh huh , what,?

that's just what that crazy mother fer would do, float a bunch of crap about Parise and Nash, then slide up to stevie y and use the old homer mind trick on him .... wait then stevie y would have a no trade clause.... but maybe homer has some pictures of stevie y at the 7-11 taking the cosmo quiz or something.

i think the sneaky bastard homer has some crazy **** in the works.

and i wouldn't be surprised if its something like that and he throws a big offer for garrison from florida.

• Like 1

How about this, and this is pure speculation based upon nothing i've heard, just trying to think like "trader Paul".

Stamkos.

think about it, Tampa needs some depth and some goaltending, we need a scoring winger for Giroux, we send them Bobs, JvR, a tweener like Harry Z or Welly (as much as i'd hate to see him go) and a first and a conditional pick.

huh huh , what,?

that's just what that crazy mother fer would do, float a bunch of crap about Parise and Nash, then slide up to stevie y and use the old homer mind trick on him .... wait then stevie y would have a no trade clause.... but maybe homer has some pictures of stevie y at the 7-11 taking the cosmo quiz or something.

i think the sneaky bastard homer has some crazy **** in the works.

and i wouldn't be surprised if its something like that and he throws a big offer for garrison from florida.

STAMKOS, G AND JAGR could end up being the most dominant line in the whole darn sport.

If we could get Stamkos and G together, pull the darn trigger, especially if we also keep Couturier

You want Stamkos?...start with Giroux. Why on earth would Tampa trade him? Ryan? Why?

We scored the 2nd most goals in the league last year. Our defence looked bad in the playoffs. So lets get more scorers? How about a defenceman? Or if you're going to fantasize about Stamkos, how about fantasizing we trade Bryzgalov for Quick or Carle for Weber? That would improve the team a heck of a lot more than bringing in Stamkos. And it's about as likely to happen.

@flyercanuck

just trying to have a little fun is all...

just about every year our GM does something that no one sees coming, well no one would see that coming . and if you read the fine print, you'll see where i also propose throwing some comcast money at florida's jason garrison. that would give us 2 "2"s and 2 "3"s and timmonen fill the blank with manning bourdon gustafsson.

stamkos is not totally implausible either, they need some of what we have, garon isn't the answer in net but bobrovsky might be, they pick up a 30+ goal scoring winger with size and a depth player with upside, plus the 30th pick in a weak draft... what's not to love ?

this is a little tongue in cheek , but it's not so crazy that it might not happen, who would have thought mike richards would be traded ? but; blam pow "trader paul's" magic roladex made it happen.

but I totally agree with you about Ryan, that @clotheshanger13 is delirious or something, he's old news... :D

get on board fc bring Stamkos to philly .

Steve Yzerman has fleeced Homer in the past and probably would do everything to do it in the future.

I would love Stamkos, but I am sure the asking price is going to start at Giroux.

JvR is unproven and often hurt.

Bob had a great rookie season, but so did Brian Boucher.

Our 1st should be used to get help on the back end.

However, I am on board, 2012 off season slogan: Stamkos to Philly.

Edited by Bertmega

What nobody picking up on the stevie y no trade clause bit... that's some funny stuff, i don't care who you are.

crickets ?

i'm dying over here.

Okay so what I was hoping to start a conversation about was this; think of a wacky, maybe not wacky but a "no one has thought of this type deal" this is still plausible trade scenario that our swashbuckling GM might try to pull off. Mine was Stamkos for a pu-pu platter of players and picks, it has happened in philly before, just always with the star going the other way. barkley, schilling....

Howdy:

I think Homer might package Bobo + JVR for pick, sound backup, and a defensive forward. I am not sure who fits the bill...that is outline. I've thought about my backyard Panthers. Clemmenson is a superb career backup. Tallon throws in a pick and Bergenheim. But with Homer, we need to expect the unexpected.

Something else to think about that I posted on another thread is the CBA uncertainty. Will Homer or any other GM want to take on significant cap without knowing where that may head? Picks for future development may mean more this year than we think. Our farm club is bit depleted given how much we've pulled out of there. If Homer wants to preserve his cadre of forwards he may lay lower than we think.

Best,

Howie

@flyercanuck

just about every year our GM does something that no one sees coming, well no one would see that coming . and if you read the fine print, you'll see where i also propose throwing some comcast money at florida's jason garrison. that would give us 2 "2"s and 2 "3"s and timmonen fill the blank with manning bourdon gustafsson.

stamkos is not totally implausible either, they need some of what we have, garon isn't the answer in net but bobrovsky might be, they pick up a 30+ goal scoring winger with size and a depth player with upside, plus the 30th pick in a weak draft... what's not to love ?

this is a little tongue in cheek , but it's not so crazy that it might not happen, who would have thought mike richards would be traded ? but; blam pow "trader paul's" magic roladex made it happen.

but I totally agree with you about Ryan, that @clotheshanger13 is delirious or something, he's old news... :D

Who's the 30+ goal scoring winger? JVR? LOL...he's scored 15, 21 and 11. Until he scores 30 +, he hasn't.

But seriously, I think Tampa wants to trade Stamkos about as much as Philly wants to get rid of Giroux. Can you imagine if Holmgren traded Giroux for a backup goalie, a guy who's averaged 16 goals, a borderline AHL/NHLer and a late 1st?

Nice fantasy but I don't think it makes much sense for either side. The Flyers don't need a #1 center (who gets kicked to wing or stuck on the 2nd line, G or Stammer?) and if they want a scoring winger they can go after Parise. If TB really wants to trade Stamkos for a goalie, (which would shock me) they could send him to the other conference and get Luongo. Except that they could probably get Luongo for a much lower price than Stamkos.

@flyercanuck

Good topic... Just gets the juices running and interest... Good thinking Mojo....

Greetings:

I think another possibility is Radulov, especially if Homer parts with another forward to obtain a defender. OK, the guy may have some behavioral issues but there is talent. Maybe he, Bobo, and Bryz become the "The Three Comrades" or something like that....Snider needs defib, but there is bonding.

Best,

Howie

@Howie58

see that's the spirit, Radulov, i think scary black man may help keep that russian party hound in line. could learn work ethic from bobdrovsky, could find lots of young russian ladies to court at the delaware sea shore.

it could work.

i'd rather parise but that's just my north american bias...

it looks like he signed with someone in the KHL. We know he won't go to the Rangers.

No, just his rights got traded (bought) in the KHL. He hasn't signed anything and still appears to be saying that he wants to play in the NHL, which puts the Rags definitely in play.

With uncertainty around the CBA you could see him signing a KHL contract with an opt-out clause on whether there is an NHL season. Look for the Preds to trade his rights for a pick at or before the Draft.

lol I know Weber isn't coming here, just meant if we're gonna fantasize let's at least make about a position we actually need...

Meltzer wrote about Tobias Enstrom from Winnepeg saying he might be a good fit for our team. I don't know a whole lot about him other than the quickie internet search that says 27 years old (good), 5'11" 180 (meh) left hand shot (double meh)... and that he's a leader on their team (good).

what does it take to pry him out of winnepeg ? and is it worth it.

somehow sars that is way less fun than , Stamkos.

that's all i'm saying. :D