A draft loaded with defense and we pick 2 off the bord no names

Guest RonJeremy

yeah, like you said, he went out of his way to add Kubina as a rental and Grossman as a regular. In this cap era, you can't exactly have 11 battle savvy vets ready to go. Bascially it comes down to.....once 3 or more of your regualr d-men are hurt and or playing hurt, your run is over...no team really overcome those kinda odds. That is the luck side of the equation in winning the cup, hoping and praying major cogs do not get injured or are rendered useless by injuries.....the one aspect/hump the Flyers, through no fault of their own have not been able to climb over....very frustrating. Can we just once, have a healthy roster.....just once out of 100 runs???

Take away the time to develop a player, filling needs, and everything else but the "draft the best player" mentality. Was #28 in north America and #50 internationally really the "best player" still available at #20? I don't think so. I've read a lot of you condemning the pick as I would, and in fairness I've tried to see those defending the pick's point of views as well. I honestly think anything defending this pick is just hoping beyond hope the organization is winning the lottery on a random ticket and drinking the orange & black kool-aid. I just can't make sense of this pick.

@Polaris922 You do *know* that where these guys are ranked does not end up being how good they become right? Players are misread every single draft. I have every Draft Preview from 1981 on....some of the concensus picks are laugable.....and some of the players listed late in the first are laughable. Based on your input, Giroux who was ranked at the end of round number one would and picked at #21 would not have been defenseable either. Truth is....you are guessing, just like us....the truth will be revealed....in 3 or 4 years with a sneak peak in 1 or 2.

• Like 1

@Polaris922 You do *know* that where these guys are ranked does not end up being how good they become right? Players are misread every single draft. I have every Draft Preview from 1981 on....some of the concensus picks are laugable.....and some of the players listed late in the first are laughable. Based on your input, Giroux who was ranked at the end of round number one would and picked at #21 would not have been defenseable either. Truth is....you are guessing, just like us....the truth will be revealed....in 3 or 4 years with a sneak peak in 1 or 2.

. What I know is the rankings are wrong sometimes, and sure where someone goes isn't a be all end all of their talent. But I also *know* that you could've gotten a much higher rated prospect in that position and still had a good chance at this one later on. The ratings aren't perfect, but you have to admit that they're generally indicative of the odds of a player's success. No they're not perfect, but yes they have a purpose. Giroux was picked slightly above his anticipated number, but this is a good 20 plus leap here. No thank you.

@RonJeremy Obviously, I'm not privy to who wants who, but on the surface....it appears they could have got Matta in the first, Laughton in the second and not blink an eyelash. I'm really bumed out with this goalie pick so high in the second with Dalton Thrower still on the board. Same scenario, they could have gotten Thrower and the Goalie. Trying to get to cute here, look like draft Gods...lol.

i was doing a dance when i saw thrower still on the board as our turn came up...

hate to be a negative nellie but my god was i shocked.