Tennessean article: Preds matching won't stop the Flyers from trying to get Weber

Morganti is just blowing smoke out his you-know-what. The price for trading for Weber will be higher now, what makes anyone think that Homer will pay that price if he wasn't willing to a week ago? Maybe when Weber is well into his 30's the Flyers will bring in another high priced past his prime star, but I'd say Weber is going to spend his prime years right where he is now.

• Like 3

Morganti remains an idiot. Of COURSE he MIGHT end up a Flyer... he MIGHT end up a New York Yankee too. If the Flyers are willing to go trade quality youth for him they may get him. Anybody who follows hockey understands trades happen. But it's pretty arrogant to say it WILL happen just because Holmgren wants it to. If he ends up being right, I would hate being a Flyers fan when we see what it will cost you. I don't see Poile thinking the offer sheet was a friendly moment and coming back without asking a lot in trade... and I mean a LOT. I know it's a business first, but ....

Weber is there long term... plain and simple

It all depends how well the Preds do. If the Preds suck in the next season or two, they won't want to pay that salary anymore. They'll trade him to the Flyers for player/s,pick/s but more importantly cash, to make up for what the Preds will pay him up front in the next season or two.

It all depends how well the Preds do. If the Preds suck in the next season or two, they won't want to pay that salary anymore. They'll trade him to the Flyers for player/s,pick/s but more importantly cash, to make up for what the Preds will pay him up front in the next season or two.

If it does get to the point where they want to trade him, what's to stop them from trading him to Detroit or Pittsburgh or any other team in the NHL? He does not have a NTC in the contract, so he has no say in where he would go.

• Like 1

If it does get to the point where they want to trade him, what's to stop them from trading him to Detroit or Pittsburgh or any other team in the NHL? He does not have a NTC in the contract, so he has no say in where he would go.

I heard he asked for a NTC.