This team, special

Guest TwoDocks

Why is so much hype about Simmods? He had total good 3-4 games, all other games he was invisible. I think he is Carter type of guy, moody. I think he is a good candidate for trade + someone for good D.

Who have you been watching phlfly? Comparing Simmonds to Carter? Simmonds hits people every time he is on the ice, he plays in the crease, and actually drops the gloves when the need arises. Carter, well he skates in on the right, shoots high and wide, and then coasts around the rink until his next opportunity to repeat comes along.

Why is so much hype about Simmods? He had total good 3-4 games, all other games he was invisible. I think he is Carter type of guy, moody. I think he is a good candidate for trade + someone for good D.

Com'n, invisible? Really? I thought he was *very* visible, especially in terms of being aggressive on the puck and in forechecking.

Comparing him with Carter is odd, to say the least. Carter is a one-dimensional player, who only knows how to score goals. And when Mr. High and Wide doesn't score, he is virtually useless. Simmonds is a tough player to play against. He is difficult to move and he won't back down from anybody - even bigger players. That's Flyers hockey!

Sure, you want him to score more. But that's not his cup of tea. He will give you 16-20 goals a season. But you need to have players like him in the lineup. The team was really soft last year, especially in the playoffs. That's been addressed.

Gee.... can people ever be happy?

he does a lot skating with the puck and all his pass going to opposition or to gateway (when Flyers on PP) Of course he is good near crease, but that's all. I don't see him be a really useful for money they paid him. Yes he was a part of the trade, but I think they wanted Shenn, where Simmonds was a salary dump. If you think he is next Knuble, then I would say you are wrong. Most time he is drifting over the ice as Carter did, and I hate this long reach with the stick for the puck instead to play a player. It's reminded me Carter.