Any NHL 13 Players Out There? (Flyers Related; Listen to These Trades)

PHI Flyers10

Just wondering if anyone has picked up the new game yet. I've been playing it a good deal the last couple of days after a really busy week. Anyways, I'm playing in Be a Pro right now I just noticed two transactions that the Flyers pulled off (I'm playing on the Spitfires as a created player), and they traded a 1st round pick to NYI for Nabokov and then traded Wellwood and Laughton to TB for St. Louis. I was unaware that Bob Clarke was back in office as GM.

Seriously though, imagine the explosion on this board if those trades happened in real life.

• Like 1

Lol yeah those are def some Clarke type deals. I've been playing be a GM and Grossmann went down with an acl sprain, out for weeks so i picked up Spacek as a favor cheap sub. I was wondering if anyone else here got the game also bc of the new interconnected gm league

Lol yeah those are def some Clarke type deals. I've been playing be a GM and Grossmann went down with an acl sprain, out for weeks so i picked up Spacek as a favor cheap sub. I was wondering if anyone else here got the game also bc of the new interconnected gm league

I'd love to try out GM Connected but I don't have a definite Xbox Live source in my dorm right now (I need to buy a router so I don't have to use my ethernet cable that I plug into my laptop), but I'm not sure it's a great idea since I need to focus on my grades as well. Haha. If this was high school it'd be a different story, but I slacked last year so I can't do too much online. Yet...

This might be my NHL season too, considering the lockout.

Just wondering if anyone has picked up the new game yet. I've been playing it a good deal the last couple of days after a really busy week. Anyways, I'm playing in Be a Pro right now I just noticed two transactions that the Flyers pulled off (I'm playing on the Spitfires as a created player), and they traded a 1st round pick to NYI for Nabokov and then traded Wellwood and Laughton to TB for St. Louis. I was unaware that Bob Clarke was back in office as GM.

Seriously though, imagine the explosion on this board if those trades happened in real life.

Played up to 2015 in BE A GM and Scott Laughton was only a 2/5 star prospect and topped out as an overall 78 player... Manning went from a 2 star prospect in my 1st season to a 4 by the end of my 2nd season, by 2015 he was rated 84 overall.

Gustafson by 2015 was a 79

Bryz declined to 85 by 2015

Kimmo retired after 2014

Voracek evolved into a 89 scoring 70+ points in 2014/2015

Schenn was a 84 by 2015.

Cooter 83.

My Habs lines in 2017 Be a GM.

Mackinnon(85) - Galchenyuk(87) - Kessel(87)

Dominik Volek (84) - Sam Reinhart(85) - Tyler Toffoli (82)

McGinn(80) - Aaron Zafiris (82) - Steve Downie (80)

Prust (76) - Talbot (78) - Gallagher (78)

Josh Morrissey(89) - Subban (86)

M.Staal(84) - Nathan Beaulieu (83)

Jarrod Tinordi(78) - Peter Hermengeildo (81)

Price (90)

Fred Anderson (81)

Year 1, I traded away pretty much all of our vets for prospects and draft picks and the team has evolved from there. Took Mackinnion 1st overall (with my original draft pick, purposely went 19-51-12... ouch!) Morrissey (if available) is a must draft. He is in the 2013 class and by 2017 he is an 89 overall OFD and has won the Norris for 2 straight years.

Sounds sweet. I was thinking about rebuilding some team. It's really fun watching Johnny Superbman on YouTube (he's the 2BC channel) do his GM mode for Calgary. I tend to actually play games in my GM mode though. You guys have some good stuff going there. Sucks Laughton didn't amount to much though, and Couturier and Schenn seem a little low. Probably needed more top line minutes to develop them correctly in the game to maximize their potential.

• Like 1

Oh yea, before the 2014 season (Think it was 2014, Bobby Ryan was in the last year of his contract) I traded Simmonds, and 2 1st round picks for Bobby Ryan. My team missed the playoffs that year, Bryz had a gaa of 2.15

Damn, that's a lot to give up for Ryan. I like seeing how the draft picks turn out after you pick them up.

Sounds sweet. I was thinking about rebuilding some team. It's really fun watching Johnny Superbman on YouTube (he's the 2BC channel) do his GM mode for Calgary. I tend to actually play games in my GM mode though. You guys have some good stuff going there. Sucks Laughton didn't amount to much though, and Couturier and Schenn seem a little low. Probably needed more top line minutes to develop them correctly in the game to maximize their potential.

Well, keep in mind they were what 23-24 by then? Not terrible. Briere is only rated an 84 this year, I actually think the new rating system was awesome. Laughton at game launch was only like 2 1/2 stars.

Damn, that's a lot to give up for Ryan. I like seeing how the draft picks turn out after you pick them up.

Yea the prospect system is really cool this year, all varies on playing time. Schenn and Cooter while both are 4 stars, don't develop fast because they get 3rd line minutes.

In the 2013 draft I took two-way defensement Marc-Anthony Zanetti. He turned into a 86 stud by 2015.

BTW, Joacim Erikson is like a 78 by 2015 lol, kid killed it.

I am a little dissapointed Stolarz isn't in the game.

4 star guys should get to 85-87 if utilized correctly. I'll probably play Voracek with Couturier and Giroux on the first line, and Schenn with Simmonds and Read on the second line to let them develop. I know Danny will drop off in rating on the third line but I gotta think about the future. I'll probably put Laughton on the first line in the AHL for the first year or something. Maybe even trade Briere (though I love him) for a first or a prospect.

That is where I got the idea of tanking the first season! I like him

Is anyone here really good at faceoffs??? Man, for the life of me, I cannot win faceoffs.

I think I'm doing it right, using the right analog stick, but I'm clearly missing something.

use the left stick too, it'll control how you swing your weight on the draw based on if you are going to the forehand versus backhand.

I've been pretty decent on face-offs lately. I flick the stick back as quickly as I can. I think it helps. I'm simming my first GM season for the Flyers and I'm in the Conference Finals against the Penguins. A little nervous about this match-up. I started off HORRIBLE in the season but left everyone together and just barely made 8th place. Beat NJ and NYI in Game 7s so far.

Here are my lines that I've run for the season and playoffs:

Voracek - Giroux - Couturier

Simmonds - Schenn - Read

Wellwood - Briere - Hartnell

Fedotenko - Talbot - Rinadlo

Schenn has been amazing in the playoffs thus far. Rinaldo had two big goals and scored the Game 7 OT winner against the Islanders. Wellwood also had two big goals in the first round. Getting scoring from everyone, and Bryz has been a wall for the most part. Still nervous about the next match-up. If I do win, I'll face either the Blues or the Ducks in the Finals.

I've been pretty decent on face-offs lately. I flick the stick back as quickly as I can. I think it helps. I'm simming my first GM season for the Flyers and I'm in the Conference Finals against the Penguins. A little nervous about this match-up. I started off HORRIBLE in the season but left everyone together and just barely made 8th place. Beat NJ and NYI in Game 7s so far.

Here are my lines that I've run for the season and playoffs:

Voracek - Giroux - Couturier

Simmonds - Schenn - Read

Wellwood - Briere - Hartnell

Fedotenko - Talbot - Rinadlo

Schenn has been amazing in the playoffs thus far. Rinaldo had two big goals and scored the Game 7 OT winner against the Islanders. Wellwood also had two big goals in the first round. Getting scoring from everyone, and Bryz has been a wall for the most part. Still nervous about the next match-up. If I do win, I'll face either the Blues or the Ducks in the Finals.

Left the Roster untouched eh? Interesting.The Blues are beastly in my GM mode.

@habsguy26 " Jack Campbell is a beast!"

That's how you know it's a video game....after two long years of watching this kid ply his trade in Windsor....I've got one word for ya....BUST!!!

He stinks like poo in the CHL. Maybe he will transition well into the pros, but I also remember him winning a gold medal. He's not a bust until the bitter end my friend!

Left the Roster untouched eh? Interesting.The Blues are beastly in my GM mode.

I put Briere, Pronger, and Timonen on the trade block but the Rangers tried like hell to give me 1st and 2nd round picks for any of Schenn, Couturier, Coburn, and Meszaros. Had to decline all of those offers. I was inclined to make some trades after being 8-14-3 but they ended up winning 41 and finished with 94 points. I'm waiting for the old guys to retire or get trade offers at some point. Everyone who wanted Briere didn't have the cap space. I'll start making trades in the off-season. I'll need the space for it.