John Davidson steps down from post on Blues.

Guest jammer2

The St. Louis Blues are looking for a new head of Hockey Operations when John Davidson announced he is stepping down from the post today. I wonder if it has anything to do with the ownership change in St.Louis? The team was sold to Summit Distributing Chaimen and CEO Tom Sullivan. If so, it does not bode well for the Blues, if John Davidson does not like the way the team will be going, that's a bad sign for Blues fans everywhere IMHO. I just think John Davidson is one of the very classiest people in the sport, and a super knowledgeable hockey guy. Gives an excellent interview also, a really intelligent guy.

Seems like just yesterday he was having that great 1979 playoff run where he played great, but ran into the Montreal Canadians juggernaut in their last of 4 consecutive cups from 76 to 79. Will always remember the little known Cam Connor scoring that double overtime goal that tipped the series in the Habs favour. Cam was a 4th liner so he was fresh and flying around when all the other guys were struggling with the length of the game.

He was one of the best when he was on there. I was happy for him when the Blues hired him, but knew we were losing a great broadcaster. I know that sounds stupid, but he was great.

I'd love to see (well, hear) him back in the booth for the NBC broadcasts.