Wings and Blues Redux

Guest SpikeDDS

I'm looking forward to tonight's game, but if I were Babcock, I'd be telling the boys to behave themselves, cuz I won't be surprised at all if the refs are itchin' to give a "make-up call" for the horrible call on Backes lady time we met. Very well could have cost the Blues the game. Still gotta play the game though, just gotta be ready not to lose your head when the inevitable call comes that doesn't go your way. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 5-on-3 or two in the Blues' favor. Be ready.

• Like 1

after the last game the blues haven't been playing well at all. that call wound up being significant, now i know these guys are pros and Hitch should be able to motivate his boys, but The Blue Notes have taken the pipe since last week.

Meanwhile that win seemed to have propelled your boys in a good direction.

i think this game will be very chippy.

Edited by mojo1917

In my estimation, a lot of the Blues current bad play revolves around the goalies. Halak has been hurt for a week, and Brian Elliot has stunk in his starts, at least the last 4 since Halak went down. Halak was supposed to play Monday, but hurt his groin in warm ups, Elliot came in and got bombed again. Now, they are letting Jake Allen start tonight, really the only guy they can go to now. I see a 5-2 romp for the Wings, some of the stuff Datsuyk is gonna show him tonight I can guarantee Jake has not seen in a live game, he's got his work cut out for him.

• Like 1

Just got this from the Detroit Free Press, Franzen out tonight with a hip injury....adding to the list with Betruzzi and Helm still out...and Carlo is not cleared for contact.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130213/SPORTS05/130213047/detroit-red-wings-st-louis-blues?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Edited by jammer2

Should be an interesting game tonight, the fourth meeting in 13 games between the two teams, we only play once more after tonight over the final 35. The quirks of throwing a shortened schedule together......

Hitchcock will turn the Blues around, I have no doubt. I wrote elsewhere when listing the pre season standings that I was not drinking the koolaid, I picked the Blues for sixth or seventh, After the opening night butt kicking they did on my Wings, I felt pretty foolish, but hey, one game does not a season make.

The Blues problem as I see it is goaltending has been down from last year and the forwards havent been clicking. These things tend to fix themselves after a while, cream rises to the top, I just hope it waits until after tonight.

@yave1964 " These things tend to fix themselves after a while, cream rises to the top,"

Totally agree with that. Tarasenko has really fallen off the last 5 games, and these things have a way of working themselves out. A rookie is gonna have some growing pains, no matter how talented. The goaltending will come around, I have faith in Halak. The Blues will finish #1 in the West.

@yave1964 " These things tend to fix themselves after a while, cream rises to the top,"

Totally agree with that. Tarasenko has really fallen off the last 5 games, and these things have a way of working themselves out. A rookie is gonna have some growing pains, no matter how talented. The goaltending will come around, I have faith in Halak. The Blues will finish #1 in the West.

They will never catch Chicago, at least in the regular season for the 1-seed. Now, depending on who is hot during the playoffs, ANYONE can be "caught" in a 7-gamer.