Tangradi to Winnipeg for... well.. pretty much nothing.

Polaris922

I wish I could figure out how to post the article instead of just a link... but..

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired a 2013 seventh-round draft pick from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for Eric Tangradi, it was announced by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

http://penguins.nhl....s.htm?id=655545

I really don't feel Tangradi got much of a shot to prove himself on the top two lines here. Bylsma would start him there but by the end of the first period he was already demoted to fourth line duties. I have faith that Bylsma and Shero know more about what they're looking at than I do, but still seems the kid had great potential.

@Polaris922 I agree Pols, this is WAY to early to give up on this kid. At the very least, send him down to dominate at the AHL level.....problem with that theory, he was not dominant at the AHL level, he was just ok, getting 18 pts in 34 games. Guys looking to break into the NHL should be putting up 0.8 pts per game in the A, or at least somewhere close to that. My guess, the Pens didn't like his conditioning or work ethic, something like that. Netting a seventh means nobody else in the league will give nothing of real value, so I come to the conclusion that whatever was wrong with him, the word got out league wide.

@Polaris922 I agree Pols, this is WAY to early to give up on this kid. At the very least, send him down to dominate at the AHL level.....problem with that theory, he was not dominant at the AHL level, he was just ok, getting 18 pts in 34 games. Guys looking to break into the NHL should be putting up 0.8 pts per game in the A, or at least somewhere close to that. My guess, the Pens didn't like his conditioning or work ethic, something like that. Netting a seventh means nobody else in the league will give nothing of real value, so I come to the conclusion that whatever was wrong with him, the word got out league wide.

Foget the word getting out. He was a healthy scratch for 8 games and the Pens went to the waiver wire rather than give him another shot.

Still think its too soon but I'll trust the Pens know something we don't.

• Like 1

@Polaris922

There really wasn't anything in that article. ;) But hey generally to copy the article to this site, I typically highlight what I want to copy ..control C.. then paste on my computer's notepad... (removing unwanted article format, etc) Then I re-copy the material from my notepad and paste directly in the post. You can enclose it by use of the "quote" function above. Or you can also use the link function by highlighting a portion choosing the "link" and coping in the URL of the article.

like this:

The Winnipeg Jets have acquired F Eric Tangradi from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for a seventh-round draft pick in 2013.

Tangradi has been held scoreless through five games this season. In 45 career games with the Penguins, the 24-year-old has one goal and five points.

The former second-round pick opened the year with AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton where he registered 18 points in 34 games.

@Polaris922

There really wasn't anything in that article. ;) But hey generally to copy the article to this site, I typically highlight what I want to copy ..control C.. then paste on my computer's notepad... (removing unwanted article format, etc) Then I re-copy the material from my notepad and paste directly in the post. You can enclose it by use of the "quote" function above. Or you can also use the link function by highlighting a portion choosing the "link" and coping in the URL of the article.

like this:

Great! Thanks for the tips!

@Polaris922

I wonder if Beau Bennett gets the call soon. They can't be happy with Boychuk. Whoever has been on Malkin's wing opposite Neal has 0 points this year.

There was a good debate on The Fan this during the afternoon drive. IF they bring up Bennett, what line do you try him on?

Put him with Crosby and put Kunitz back on Malkin's line with Neal? Or do you put Bennett on Malkin's line? I like the idea of reuniting Kunitz with Neal and Malkin but not so much at the cost of losing the "grit" Kunitz brings to the Crosby line.

Or do we just trade for Bobby Ryan? :)

@Polaris922

I wonder if Beau Bennett gets the call soon. They can't be happy with Boychuk. Whoever has been on Malkin's wing opposite Neal has 0 points this year.

There was a good debate on The Fan this during the afternoon drive. IF they bring up Bennett, what line do you try him on?

Put him with Crosby and put Kunitz back on Malkin's line with Neal? Or do you put Bennett on Malkin's line? I like the idea of reuniting Kunitz with Neal and Malkin but not so much at the cost of losing the "grit" Kunitz brings to the Crosby line.

Or do we just trade for Bobby Ryan? :)

I actually liked seeing Cooke on Malkin's wing tonight. He played tough and smart, and other than the mishap with Karlsson he had a great night. First left wing to get a point on that line.