Briere Not Interested in Waiving NMC

radoran

Another thing about Briere and his NMC. I get he has the right to refuse since he signed it. I get people agree with that because he wants stability for his family. Why should he have to move a few states over to make millions of dollars and uproot his kids, right?

The part I don't get is, he seemed to have no problem with going over to Germany to play.

This is exactly why this is all media speculation and Flyers bias arguments over this issue. I don't believe all the comments about family stability. When he has that kind of money and a chance to compete for a cup, how do you turn it down? I mean seriously.. Who would turn down a a chance to win a championship and cash in, while already making millions, because your kids play hoceky in the Philly area? I'm not questioning the kid dynamic, I'm just saying he has options that none of us ever will, and can make anything work. But it doesn't make a shred of sense that he would use that argument after playing in Germany.