Will the Hawks ever lose?

B21

You know things are going well when Dan Friggin' Carcillo nets the game winner with :50 left in regulation.

So 9 more to go to match the 79-80 Flyers, eh? ;)

@ COL

EDM

@ CBJ

@ DAL

@ COL

@ ANA

LA

CAL

ANA

@ DET

Wow. Home against the Ducks to tie. AT THE WINGS to surpass.

The only BTB games in that bunch are the home contents against Kings and Flames.

I say the Ducks get them in Anaheim.

@B21 I've been watching a ton of Hawks hockey, following this chase of hockey history. First off, this 29 number they are pulling out, it's tainted. I can see adding last season with this season, but really, it's a streak thing, these are two different teams, a lot of roster moves made, which taints it a bit in my mind. The Flyers 35 games in one complete season is a bigger accomplishment, should the Hawks break the record. Little Flyer biased probably, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

@B21 I've been watching a ton of Hawks hockey, following this chase of hockey history. First off, this 29 number they are pulling out, it's tainted. I can see adding last season with this season, but really, it's a streak thing, these are two different teams, a lot of roster moves made, which taints it a bit in my mind. The Flyers 35 games in one complete season is a bigger accomplishment, should the Hawks break the record. Little Flyer biased probably, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

First, my math was off. 35 - 24 = 11. Not 9. I hadn't even thought of last year but now that you mention it...it probably should count. I look at it at two streaks...one during the season and one overlapping seasons.

You make a valid point...some of sports most famous "streaks" (not counting naked fans running across the playing area) happened within a since season. DiMaggio's hit streak. Hershiser's scoreless streak.

My only issue is that they are doing it playing half the league. They haven't played the Bruins, the Canadiens, the Pens, etc.....that fact CONTINUES to be ingnored by the media. And I think it's a huge reason this streak is ongoing. That does not take away from how well the Hawks are playing, however.

My only issue is that they are doing it playing half the league. They haven't played the Bruins, the Canadiens, the Pens, etc.....that fact CONTINUES to be ingnored by the media. And I think it's a huge reason this streak is ongoing. That does not take away from how well the Hawks are playing, however.

There are strong teams out West though too.... think of it this way... your streak you had the hapless Penguins... their streak they have the hapless Blue jackets. LOL