Wilson Gets a Extrnsion

Guest Vincent05

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AsMq.Pyx493.qST6K54003x7vLYF?slug=ap-mapleleafs-wilson

TORONTO (AP)—A day after Maple Leafs coach Ron Wilson tweeted that he had signed a new contract, general manager Brian Burke made it official.

Burke announced the deal during Monday’s AHL game between the Toronto Marlies and the Hamilton Bulldogs at Air Canada Centre. Terms were not released.

Wilson was in the final season of a four-year contract. He hinted Friday on Twitter that he wanted a new contract from Santa Claus for Christmas. He tweeted again Sunday morning, saying he had gotten his wish.

The Leafs are in sixth place in the Eastern Conference. The team has not made the playoffs in Wilson’s three prior seasons.

And they will continue with that streak this year. I like him as a coach but the Leafs will not continue to win like the beginning of the year.

@Vincent05 The scoop I'm hearing from my Leaf buddies is the extension happened a few weeks ago, and Burke gave Wilson permission to announce it when he saw fit. Kinda odd don't you think? Was this set up intentionally to deflect criticism? Just when did he get the extension...during a 5 game losing streak? Nothing new from these two losers. They are joined at the hip, and will continue to do so. Wilson just makes me ill. Whenever they play bad he throws the players under the bus, when they win he takes a lot of the credit. I hope they sign them both till 2020....can't think of a city that deserves these two tools more than Toronto.

@jammer2

That is stupid if he had it a few weeks back. Now it kinds of make sense since you said put it out. What GM would cave in so fast to a coach demand. So they were afraid of the backlash? A bunch of *******, glad they aren't running the Flyers at all. They can hold hands while watching other teams play in the playoffs.

Yep....Wilson confirms it in this story....contact was agreed upon 4 to 5 weeks ago during a Leafs five game road trip. Nice that Wilson thought Christmas morning was a good time to announce the contract...but how about the 15 or so hockey writers that had to leave their families unwrapping presents to write about this mess....no thought about them on Christmas morning, what a tool!

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/12/27/leafs-wilson-feels-extension-is-hard-earned

The ONLY way Wilson deserved an extension IMO is if the Leafs make the playoffs. Burkes an idiot for giving it to him when he's done nothing that warrants one so far as coach there. It's like Burke is throwing himself under the bus, or he thinks he's bulletproof.