Pens/Bolts - 4/11/13; Letang Returns

B21

I think Letang will bring back a LOT of the offensive surge this team has been lacking these past few games. The Iginla-Malkin-Kunitz line appeared to really gel in the third last game, and I think adding Letang to that mix will be a lethal combination. This team is going to start putting up points. Losing Letang AND Martin at the same time clearly reduced their ability to move the puck up from our own zone. I like Niskanen and Depres, but neither is a replacement for Letang or Martin.

Lineup looked sooooooo much better with Letang bring the puck out of the zone. Damn it was great to get him back.

Holy crap, even Tanner Glass had a goal tonight, damn.

Nice move by Bylsma putting him out there 5 on 3.

I thought Crombeen not ducking his helmet when Murray did was a gutless move. Why not duck the armor when your opponent does?

I was wondering the same thing. It's not like they dropped and went right away. They were squared up and a good 10' apart for about 10 seconds before they engaged. Plenty of time to lose the helmet.

Isn't Crombeen the guy who ran Giroux earlier this year?

That is the kind of game that will make me nervous. Get a big lead but then have to deal with a dope like Gudas taking late shots and running guys. Was happy to see him finally get the game misconduct.

I was wondering the same thing. It's not like they dropped and went right away. They were squared up and a good 10' apart for about 10 seconds before they engaged. Plenty of time to lose the helmet.

Isn't Crombeen the guy who ran Giroux earlier this year?

That is the kind of game that will make me nervous. Get a big lead but then have to deal with a dope like Gudas taking late shots and running guys. Was happy to see him finally get the game misconduct.

The Crombeen thing, well he'll never have respect from the purists in regards to fighting for not tossing his lid aside when HE challanged and the other player did the responsible thing. But remember, Murry also has a face shield, so he has an added responsible BY THE RULES so as not to get an extra penalty. I'm still trying to figure out(had no sound at the bowling center) how Murray got and extra 2 for unsportsmanlike in that sequence.

The frustration effect is happening to teams like the Bolts as their playoff dreams end. And YES, I do get worried in these games that the grunts will try to make a statement to their management of their worth by making extra contact to impress. Loved the resposes by the Pens to that though

Lineup looked sooooooo much better with Letang bring the puck out of the zone. Damn it was great to get him back.

Holy crap, even Tanner Glass had a goal tonight, damn.

I thought this line from thepensblog.com was funny: "Bylsma decided to throw Tanner Glass out there to see if the son of a bitch could score a goal, and he did."

I agree. The lineup looked way better tonight. And damn, how good a pickup has Juicy been? That deflection he had off the Murray shot was sick! He and Morrow seem to work well together, too.

@Polaris922 mentioned Crombeen not losing his lid for the fight with Murray. I couldn't agree more. Totally gutless move. Murray sledgehammered his @$$ anyway, though. Good game overall!

Edited by DinahMoeHumm

The Crombeen thing, well he'll never have respect from the purists in regards to fighting for not tossing his lid aside when HE challanged and the other player did the responsible thing. But remember, Murry also has a face shield, so he has an added responsible BY THE RULES so as not to get an extra penalty. I'm still trying to figure out(had no sound at the bowling center) how Murray got and extra 2 for unsportsmanlike in that sequence.

The frustration effect is happening to teams like the Bolts as their playoff dreams end. And YES, I do get worried in these games that the grunts will try to make a statement to their management of their worth by making extra contact to impress. Loved the resposes by the Pens to that though

Ah - forgot about the face shield. So he had to lose the helmet.

Yeah the visor rule I was aware of but my point was that usually if a player tosses his lid and there's time, the challenger does the same. I'm taking that as a sign of what kind of player Crombeen is. The harassing Giroux I just put in the agitator column, but to challenge a guy then refuse to even the odds at the start seemed pretty cowardly.