Bobrovsky - 1st Star of the Week

brelic

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=665850&navid=DL|NHL|home

Bobrovsky went 3-0-0 with a 0.97 goals-against average, .971 save percentage and one shutout in three games, stopping 100 of 103 shots he faced in 185 minutes of play.

He opened the week by making 30 saves in a 4-0 victory over the San Jose Sharks April 9, his fourth shutout in the last month. Bobrovsky then picked up a pair of weekend wins, denying 31 shots in a 4-1 triumph over the St. Louis Blues April 12 and 39 shots, plus another two in the shootout, in a 3-2 victory over the Minnesota Wild April 13.

The 24-year-old Novokuznetsk, Russia, native has allowed two or fewer goals in 16 of his last 20 appearances, including one goal or fewer in 13 of those contests. In 32 total games this season, Bobrovsky is 16-10-6 and ranks second in the League with a .932 save percentage and sixth with a 2.01 goals-against average.

That bolded part is pretty amazing.

I have to say for your and all of our health and mental well being at this point, water under the bridge, gotta let it go.

in two years we can revisit this feeling when couterier is +15 with 24/40 playing for Phoenix or something.

Geez....I can't believe we've been searching for that difference maker goalie for such a long time and then we had him only to give him away for a 2nd round draft pick and two 4ths.

Makes me sick to my stomach...but, good for bob. He deserves it.

Aaaagggh! so frustrating.