Predictions for Hawks-Wings Series

Guest SpikeDDS

I'd love to be wrong here, and I hate being a freaking pessimist, but I'm also a realist. I think the Wings will take a game or two, but I have a hard time seeing them winning 4 games in a 7-game series against Chicago. The ONLY way they can do that is to play at their best EVERY game, and I haven't seen them able to consistently do that except when DeKeyser was playing. Then they started to play consistently. If they play inconsistently, they CANNOT win this series.

It's Chicago's D that is the problem for me. They've got the best top-6 D men in the league. There really isn't a "weak" D pair that will be assigned to our 3rd/4th lines because of inability. That's tough to beat.

They also have 4 good O lines that we will have to contend with. We've got 3, really.

Hope says Wings in 7, but reason says Hawks in 6.

C'mon Wings! MAKE ME EAT MY WORDS!! Gotta steal one in Chicago if yer gonna do it, so might as well take Game 1, eh?

• Like 1

Spike,

Any way you look at it Holland and his charges have made me eat my words in a lot of ways by making it to the final eight. I still wish we had went hard after Pominville and Bouwmeester, but they are on the golf course and the Wings are still playing.

Any way you look at it, it seems perfect that if we get knocked out in our last season in the West it is against our greatest rival. Gonna miss playing Chicago half a dozen times a year, I am looking forward to facing them one last time in a series that matters (Unless me meet in the Stanley Cup some year, lol). GO WINGS!!

I think Chicago is too beaucoup for bang bang with soul brova...

i mean where do you catch a break against them ?

they're fast, have good size, will be composed, have winning experience, i think like the Penguins in the East; Chicago is the chalk and will be tested maybe in the conference finals but probably only in the cup finals .

just be glad you guys don't root for the Senators...

I think Chicago is too beaucoup for bang bang with soul brova...

i mean where do you catch a break against them ?

they're fast, have good size, will be composed, have winning experience, i think like the Penguins in the East; Chicago is the chalk and will be tested maybe in the conference finals but probably only in the cup finals .

just be glad you guys don't root for the Senators...

I AM rooting for the Senators in the East. The Pens are loaded to the hilt, but if you think the Senators are going down without a fight, I think you are mistaken. That line fight reminded me of the wings fight against the Avalanche in March of 1997, it brought the Wings together as a team, same with the Sens. Plus Anderson is one heck of a goalie. Not saying it will be an upset, just think it will be a better series than people tink....

• Like 1

If it is possible to lose by 3 and come out feeling good, then I do.

It was tied 1-1 into the third, the Hawks were well rested, and while the last ten minutes were all Chicago the first fifty were close to even. Saturday the Wings steal one in Chicago. Chalk it up!

• Like 1

It was tied 1-1 into the third, the Hawks were well rested, and while the last ten minutes were all Chicago the first fifty were close to even. Saturday the Wings steal one in Chicago. Chalk it up!

OK since you are on a roll @yave1964, what are today's lottery numbers? ;-)

Now the question is, which Red Wings team will show up in Game 3. I'd like to see the Game 2 Wings, thank you very much!

BTW, you were very Mike Babcock in your thinking @yave1964. This is his pre-game presser before G2:

http://video.redwings.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=136&id=249654&cmpid=embed-share-video

I LOVE watching Babcock undress the press!! And then the Wings play like they did in G2 and make him look even more like a genius!

Edited by SpikeDDS