Big and Bads look pretty Good

mojo1917

Rolling 4 lines playing with speed and aggression these guys may be able to make some extra special noise in June. There are long stretches of the games vs the Rangers where they're playing 5 on 5 but it looks like they have a man advantage. Add to that the rookies on the blueline are playing so well that when Redden and Ference are healthy do you even dress them ? Krug has been a revelation, the kid is a beautiful skater and has great offensive instincts, i think i leave him in the lineup regardless.

They still have to close out the Rangers and then most likely deal with a very good Pittsburgh team but these guys look like a very tough match up for any team to me.

Teams that know how to win continue to win. Look at who is in the quarterfinals, of the last eight teams standing, the last five cup winners, Wings, Pens, Hawks, Bruins and Kings are still in it. Also the Rangers and Sharks, perpetual playoff teams, the only one wearing a glass slipper are the Senators, and they are on the verge of being a very good team for a very good time.

It is not an accident that these clubs are here. They learned what it takes to advance in the playoffs, the blood sweat and toil required of them the extra gear you have to have, and that is why they consistently are here, and teams like the Canucks, Capitals and Blues are regular season warriors and on the gold course in the second round most years. Winners win. They know how.

@mojo1917

I know it's a should have, would have, could have hindsight comment, but how great would Dougie Hamilton look in the O&B? I know it is a relatively small sample size, but from what I have seen from him, he is impressive.

On the subject in hand, the B's rolling 4 lines make them a huge threat. The Rangers have their hands full with this match up. If Pittsburgh gets through the semis, the conference finals against the B's would be something great to watch. Probably one of the better match ups I can recall in over a decade.

Here just a little over a week ago when it looked to be an epic collapse for the B's against Tronno, I thought Claude Julien would be on the hot seat. Not the case now.

Dare I say go B's go!

but how great would Dougie Hamilton look in the O&B? I know it is a relatively small sample size, but from what I have seen from him, he is impressive.

yep he's a keeper, does not look overwhelmed at all in any situation i've seen him in. Same with Krug. They (the B's) have a nice mix of players on the blue line, by the time Chara is ready to move on, Hamilton will be ready to assume the role of #1 at least that's the way it looks today, Dougie is a great skater, smart, has a terrific shot, a lot to like about that kid.

@mojo1917 I was thinking the same thing, the Bruins will really bonus in a few years when Dougie has added invaluable experience and Chara is still relevant. You hear this word tossed around on forums, but Doug's poise in really uncanny....nothing seems to rattle the kid. He's got the skill set to be a superstar, with the work ethic to make sure it happens. Love how the Bruins eased him into the playoffs, letting him sit for parts of the Leafs series until injures made the decision for them. Don't think it was a knock on Dougie as much as an admission that experience in the playoffs is super important. As good as Hamilton is, (they would neve admit it but) the Pens forwards have to be licking their chops to the prospect of playing against rookies Bartkowski and Dougie in a potential Eastern Conference Final.