Thoughts on the second round

Guest yave1964

The second round came to an end last night with the game seven overtime win by the BlackHawks over my Wings, just a few thoughts on the second round:

I picked the Hawks to have a monster season, with Crawford being the only thing that could stop them from making it. Crawford is reminding me more and more of the new Chris Osgood, a goalie who is a caretaker for the back end, don't lose the game and let the rest of the team win the game. Last night in game seven though, he kept the team in the game until someone could win it and played outstanding.

Quick is the best big game goaltender in the game right now, bar none. Los Angeles is solid through and through, but Quick who slept through the regular season is an absolute monster once the games count. I would start any team, regular or fantasy with him over Lundquist or any other goalie.

Speaking of Lundquist, he was average against the Bruins, he didn't steal the series which would have been the only way the Rangers could have won. Torts deserved to go for not figuring out how to turn that much talent in to an offensive juggernaut but Slats should get the axe as well for bringing in pieces and not building a team.

The Penguins are dangerous and rolled over the Senators who came in to the series on a high and with momentum, they ended up rolling over them like it was the little big horn. Vokoun may have been the best offseason signing and another reason Shero deserved exec of the year.

Thanks for reading.

Vokoun may have been the best offseason signing and another reason Shero deserved exec of the year.

If Boston puts the kind of rubber on goal against the Pens like they did the Rangers, Vokoun is going to be tested, something he wasn't for long stretches against the Senators. If Boston can pot a few early, this could be a decent series. Pittsburgh does have the advantage with being able to roll 3 lines that can play top line minutes and score at will. Rask is going to be sorely tested too because even the mutant Chara can't be on the ice for 60 minutes a game.....

• Like 1

If Boston puts the kind of rubber on goal against the Pens like they did the Rangers, Vokoun is going to be tested, something he wasn't for long stretches against the Senators. If Boston can pot a few early, this could be a decent series. Pittsburgh does have the advantage with being able to roll 3 lines that can play top line minutes and score at will. Rask is going to be sorely tested too because even the mutant Chara can't be on the ice for 60 minutes a game.....

Vokoun saw loads of pucks against the Islanders so I'm hoping he can perform as well here as he did there. Not sure if the Booins will be able to summon that much offense. More a defense first system there.

Not sure if the Booins will be able to summon that much offense. More a defense first system there.

I can't argue that at all.....I think Pittsburgh wins this round on their offensive ability alone unless Vokoun absolutely craps the bed........

@Polaris922

I can't argue that at all.....I think Pittsburgh wins this round on their offensive ability alone unless Vokoun absolutely craps the bed........

I think you might want to look into buying some new sheets or at least changing them......... :huh: Not saying Fluery is a better option........... :ph34r:

@Polaris922

I think you might want to look into buying some new sheets or at least changing them......... :huh: Not saying Fluery is a better option........... :ph34r:

Sad thing is Vokoun hasn't played badly... The rest of the team has!

Edited by Polaris922

Sad thing is Vokoun hasn't played badly... The rest of the team has!

Agree one hundred percent. I would not put their losses anywhere near Vokoun's fault. If you hold a team to 1 goal over more than an 80 minute stretch, as the goalie, you are holding up your end of the bargain. I am honestly dumbfounded by Pittsburgh's absolute lack of offense with the team they have put on the ice. You have to give a lot credit to Rask but still......Bylsma is failing miserably at putting together working lines and with the talent he has to work with, it should not be an issue....

• Like 1

What blows my mind is that Boston Was less than two minutes away from setting up tee time against Toronto and now....this. Putting the Rangers away with ease and blowing out the Pens