Phantoms 2013-2014 roster, depth callup info...

Hey slow day and figured we needed somewhere here to discuss about the upcoming season and minor league depth chart...and something news to argue about....

Ok so after a cup of coffee and looking at the outlook first thing i noticed is who is slated for the 1st center spot?

Naturally Laughton would come to mind but cause of his age he isn't eligible...

McGinn-Straka?-Akeson

Raffl-Cousins-Johnston

Noebels-Holmstrom-Alderson

Mathers-Brown-Flanagan

extra: Roe...will Harper and /or Wellwood be resigned???

Ok the blueline is tricky too...

Ollie/Alt

Manning/Lamarche

Syvret/Konan

extra:Eddy, Mangene, Hostetter..........Bourdon?????? And Gus after being resigned is no longer exempt to waivers.

Kessel i believe will be let walk....

Heeter

Chubak

Any how feel free to add to this thread when needing updated/informed...

...of cause all is subject to change depending on who will start for the BIG club...

and after a quick glance the talent level is getting better....slowly but surely...keep digging Homer.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

Also i figured McGinn would start with the BIG club....that is why i didn't include him.

Ok i forgot i updated that...so he can go either way....

Edited by OccamsRazor

I'm anxious to see what Cousins can do.......

Does Laughton make the Big club since he can't be with the Phantoms because of his age or does he go back to juniors again?

Not sure where Cousins will land in the lineup but hopefully he'll at least be given a chance to win the 2nd line center job....surely he'll have better line mates than this past season of Mathers and Fitzgerald...two goons.

Laughton will be with the BIG club i believe.

However i do remember somewhere they are really high on Holmstrom and he and McGinn also could be figures into the equation if the club just decides to go for youth at the 3rd 4th lines.

Also who they want to resign.

The entry draft and their plans......ie.if they want to move up and snatch someone will change everything...

...they have several assets they can/could move....or they could just hold tight @ 11 and take whomever they like.

Just to hard to call what is going on in Homer's head!! :blink:

I hope Laughton stays down for one more year. Needs ice time. Maybe try to convert him to wing in juniors, so when he gets to the NHL, he "only" needs to learn the NHL game? That's likely the only chance he will get at the top two lines, and we don't want another Sharp...

I hope Laughton stays down for one more year. Needs ice time.

In a perfect world i would agree but in this salary cap age they are looking at him as a smart mature young center....they are going to be up against the cap and will need his services more...especially i believe once he's(Homer) is done doing whatever retooling he is going to do...

...if he is not dangled to move up or get a nice immediate impact Dman.....he will be with the Flyers. I just feel it. If he was going to be 20 yes he would start with the Phantoms.

However they'll risk rushing him.

I think in a cap world, maximizing the slide rule would be most beneficial, especially if you get a better player for the effective entry level term.

Sign a vet for the league minimum. I'm sure there are guys who can and want to play in a grinder role. Let Laughton learn an all around game against his true peers.

• Like 1

I think Laughton needs to stay away from the big club this year.

He isn't needed at this point.

Giroux, Schenn, Coots, Talbot

Unless there is a center that goes LTIR like Talbot did this year, they can be patient with him.

• Like 2

Giroux, Schenn, Coots, Talbot

I just don't feel that with the current needs of this team and cap issues that all 4 of those will not make the starting day roster...i know Homer has a ichy finger and i don't trust him he is going to be like a kid in a candy shop with money in his pocket to burn...

...and the BIGGEST concern i don't think he and Lavy will survive another year with what we saw this past season....so why should he care about the future all that much when he knows if he don't win he will be out the door...

I just don't feel that with the current needs of this team and cap issues that all 4 of those will not make the starting day roster...i know Homer has a ichy finger and i don't trust him he is going to be like a kid in a candy shop with money in his pocket to burn...

...and the BIGGEST concern i don't think he and Lavy will survive another year with what we saw this past season....so why should he care about the future all that much when he knows if he don't win he will be out the door...

So what you are saying...is don't be surprised if we see a sell the farm attitude to acquire players in a win now mode in order for this team to make the playoffs this coming year.

• Like 1

is don't be surprised if we see a sell the farm attitude to acquire players in a win now mode in order for this team to make the playoffs this coming year.

yes...sadly...Homer doesn't have anymore wiggle room he needs to win and go deep in the playoffs next season i believe for he and Lavy to come back the following season...so this is his last campaign...and he knows it...Snider won't say it he must endorse them both...for now.

But winning solves everything and they have a small chance of turning it around, if they make the right moves.

Will they???

Not sure just look at the track record...whatever happens if he mortgages the future...don't be shocked...then you hear rumors of their love for Valeri Nichushkin and if it's true....it is REALLY gonna cost them....a lot of of value to move up to maybe top #3...now weather they should is another argument.

Edited by OccamsRazor

.then you hear rumors of their love for Valeri Nichushkin and if it's true....it is REALLY gonna cost them....a lot of of value to move up to maybe top #3...now weather they should is another argument.

hence that is why i created the other thread to discuss such lovely topics as this

hence that is why i created the other thread to discuss such lovely topics as this

Well we can wish away...here is where they currently stand...

http://capgeek.com/flyers/reserve-list/

43...who comes back is anyone's guess... Gus, Ollie, Manning for sure the other i'm not so sure of.