Buffalo news writer being too tough on Pegula IMO

Buffalo Rick

I do not like what Sully has written about Pegula's interview and backing of Regier. Lets give Regier a chance to do what has to be done this draft and free agency. He has done alot of good things. He has never had the money he has now. Some of these damn know it all writers really get me going.

• Like 1

I do not like what Sully has written about Pegula's interview and backing of Regier. Lets give Regier a chance to do what has to be done this draft and free agency. He has done alot of good things. He has never had the money he has now. Some of these damn know it all writers really get me going.

16 years really isn't enough time to evaluate a guy.

Oh, wait. Yes, it is.

Is there another GM in the league who has missed the playoffs in 4 of the past 6 years and hasn't gotten out of the first round in the other two that still has a job?

• Like 1

Pegula deserves every. single. bit. of criticism he's getting. 16 years with the same GM and the team is going backwards and then the GM comes on at the end of the year and talks about "suffering" that fans are going to have to deal with for the next few years and a full rebuild. Then the owner comes on and says he wants to keep Miller and Vanek and how the Sabres can be a part of UFA still. It seems the like the Sabres have no plan and are just going with flow.

• Like 1

Pegula deserves every. single. bit. of criticism he's getting. 16 years with the same GM and the team is going backwards and then the GM comes on at the end of the year and talks about "suffering" that fans are going to have to deal with for the next few years and a full rebuild. Then the owner comes on and says he wants to keep Miller and Vanek and how the Sabres can be a part of UFA still. It seems the like the Sabres have no plan and are just going with flow.

So are you trying to say that letting Miller and Vanek go is the right thing to do? That is just plain crazy. You do not let guys like that get away. There are other teams that did not make it and have star players and I do not see their heads being asked for.

16 years really isn't enough time to evaluate a guy.

Oh, wait. Yes, it is.

Is there another GM in the league who has missed the playoffs in 4 of the past 6 years and hasn't gotten out of the first round in the other two that still has a job?

Reiger should have been fired years ago, before Pegula even bought the team! Pegula should have also brought in his own management staff after buying the team but chose to go with what was in place. The people advising Pegula are also clueless and there is no true Hockey Operations guy in his executive staff. The best part of it is as long as all of the Sabres fans continue to sell out their arena and accept/support an inferior product on the ice, nothing will change. I do not see a big name FA signing there because the entire city has a culture of losing when it comes to professional sports, which was established by the Buffalo Bills. If I am correct, the Sabres have only made it to the Cup finals twice in 40 plus years but, "hey we have a professional hockey team in our city so we're good."

Long live Brett Hull!

Three times actually. Lost to the Flyers in 74-75.

79-80 and 98-99 were the other two.

The F'N Center hasn't been a guaranteed sellout recently. The City will always support their sports teams, but they do have a limit as to how far they will invest in tickets.

Even the Bills have run into trouble.

I knew the lost the cup to the Flyers and Stars, dont remember a 3rd loss. Despite years of losing the season ticket holder base has increased significantly each year. That city is desperate for a championship, kinda like Philly I guess.

Three times actually. Lost to the Flyers in 74-75.

79-80 and 98-99 were the other two.

The F'N Center hasn't been a guaranteed sellout recently. The City will always support their sports teams, but they do have a limit as to how far they will invest in tickets.

Even the Bills have run into trouble.

79-80? For shame. Philly/Islanders my friend.

Why dont we reserve judgement until after the draft and see how they handle the Vanek, Miller situation? Too soon to start hurling insults on a man that is keeping a team here. We have alot more to work with than is stated here. We did not miss by much and maybe its better than getting in and being embarrassed like Minnesota did? I believe Darcy will right this ship. After all, he has a pretty big gun being held to his head

79-80? For shame. Philly/Islanders my friend.

True. It was early in the morning and I was just going by Conference Championships for shorthand, forgetting that they did things differently back then.

Age is a terrible thing :)