Emery or Halak

Guest jkgproductions

Emery is cheaper and seems to have his head on straight while Halak seems to have had some issues with the Blues... We gave up nothing to sign Emery as well.

I will take a tandem of Emery and Mason each and every day. Competition is a good thing and I think Emery has really turned into a very good Team guy...

Edited by murraycraven
  • Like 1

At this point Halak will be available as a UFA if neither Emery nor Mason pan out.

Flyers seem to be in good shape with their goalie situation and all we had to do was lose half a season of hockey to get it.

For this year, anyway.

For a while I though that the Flyers were going to trade for Halak. Do yout hink he would've been a good fit for the Flyers as opposed to Emery?

Emery is the best fit in hockey to play along side Mason. He knows and likes Mason, has played in Philly before and wants to be there, is comfortable with sharing the duties, is a veteran presence and, most importantly, can really play. I'm thrilled with this signing.

• Like 1

I prefer Emery and Mason, for the reasons everyone already listed above. Honestly, I'd be comfortable signing them both to longer deals than just the one year, but perhaps that's too much risk for the team to take at the moment.

i'm stoked on getting Emery back. it was one less braindead move by Homer, so there's much to be celebrated just with this one transaction alone. i always think back, if all other things being equal in 2010 if we'd had a healthy Emery in goal....... i can't even bring myself to say it.