Upcoming season playoff teams? Soon we should take a shot?

Guest Hockey Junkie

Pretty soon we can start to try and figure this madness out and its back to a full season with alot of new faces in new places. Lets see how stupid we can be trying to predict who will get in. I know one thing, I am picking Colombus to make it.

@Polaris922 For the first time ever, the Jackets pp is looking powerful, or at least formidable.

I believe the 5 will be Ryan Johanssen centering Nathan Horton and Marian Gaborik with Jack Johnson and James Wisniewski manning the points. It will do wonders for Ryan's confidence to be playing with Horton and Gaborik. The Jackets will have to hope the Ryan can make the next step and be the #1 center he was projected to be. The skill and the skating are there, I really expect him to have a break out 65-70 pt season next year.

Edited by jammer2

@Polaris922 For the first time ever, the Jackets pp is looking powerful, or at least formidable.

I believe the 5 will be Ryan Johanssen centering Nathan Horton and Marian Gaborik with Jack Johnson and James Wisniewski manning the points. It will do wonders for Ryan's confidence to be playing with Horton and Gaborik. The Jackets will have to hope the Ryan can make the next step and be the #1 center he was projected to be. The skill and the skating are there, I really expect him to have a break out 65-70 pt season next year.

I think they have a very talented first line to throw out there and yes agree the power play could be fantastic. I just don't think they have the depth or the defense to be a power house quite yet. I'd give them even odds to make the playoffs, but there are a few teams that will be competing with them, IF Bobrovsky duplicated last season. They will be right on the borderline of the cut and though I would like to see them make it, I wouldn't go betting money on it.

@Polaris922 The more I think about it, the more I like their chances in the East. After all, they played against the Hawks, Wings and Blues last year, 3 of the better defensive teams in the West. If Bob can turn in another stellar year, or even improve on it a bit (who knows?), they will be right in the think of things in the East. Improved scoring, great goaltending and one of the best groups of bottom six forwards around. Letesu gets no press, but is a fantastic checker, same for Comeau and even Boll, Aitkenson and McKenzie make this team tough to play against. We should also see the debut of #2 overall pick Ryan Murray, who would have made last years team as a rookie were it not for an injury....and the long awaited arrival of Boone Jenner, who might just become their captain someday.