Kovalchuk Poll

goalnut3133

Wow, I thought this thread was long dead....haha. This horse has 'done been beat', I'd say!

So I guess I won't have to follow up this thread with this poll, then?:

Would you welcome an Ilya Kovalchuk NHL comeback?

Hahaha.... ;)

Just because he's making more money in the new gig doesn't mean he really didn't want to be closer to his family.

Captaining the Russian Olympic team in Sochi plays a huge factor here as well.

Captaining the Russian Olympic team in Sochi plays a huge factor here as well.

I wouldn't want that guy as the captain of my team regardless of his family situation. I wouldn't make him captain even if I was the owner of a team and we were paying for his family's room and board, his kids tuition, etc.

I wouldn't want that guy as the captain of my team regardless of his family situation. I wouldn't make him captain even if I was the owner of a team and we were paying for his family's room and board, his kids tuition, etc.

You may not want him captain, but that is not what Team Russia thinks:

The New Jersey Devils forward Ilya Kovalchuk has been chosen the captain of the Russian hockey squad at the World Championships, which kick started on Friday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nhl/news/20130715/ilya-kovalchuk-ska-st-petersburg.ap/

@fanaticV3.0

oh I agree, I don't think he is captain material either.

The Devils didn't make Kovy captain for a reason after Parise left. Although Kolvalchuk used family as an excuse to retire from the NHL (till he is 35), Captaining Team Russia, Money and probably a commitment to helping build up the KHL I think are the main driving forces to leaving the NHL.

He has always been a self centered player why would he want to play for a team that needs to re-build like the Devils....so pull the family card which apparently were not a factor when he signed his mega NHL contract. :rolleyes: