Alex Galchenyuk's golf swing

Guest Habsterix

@J0e Th0rnton  It's the crest on the front, not the name on the back?!?!  Words to live by...lol.

haha. Well, I was a fan of a lot of players when i was younger. Particularly Neely and Bourque. So I naturally followed the bruins. but I always have followed players more than teams.

But things got tricky for a fan around the time Bourque retired. But still I cheered. But since around 1996, anytime a player on the team got, well, good, if his name was not Ray Bourque the Bruins management would trade the player because he wanted money. It was almost impossible to have favorite players. Saw so many players leave just because management wanted to have the second lowest budget in the league.....

No fan should have to put up with that for 10 years.

When they traded Thornton, it was kind of the last straw for me. All my favorites had retired or been traded and now the team was trading the only guy doing anything on the team. I decided to follow Thornton to the 2nd last place Sharks out of principle. I still cheered for certain bruins players like Bergeron and watched the games, but hated management. The Sharks went on a meteoric climb after the trade, while the Bruins plummeted to nearly worst in the league for 3 years. Seeing Sinden's face during the awards ceremony when Thornton was awarded the Hart trophy is still one of my favorite LOL moments of all time.

I cheered for the Bruins when they won the cup, but I still cheer for the sharks more and have gotten to know and love their players.