Snider on Goalie Situation

Guest radoran

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/snider-has-high-expectations-goalie-tandem

“Last year was definitely a fluke,” Snider said. “Anything that could go wrong did. We didn’t have a great rapport among all our players.”

That was a subtle shot at goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, who was bought out and had a number of detractors in the locker room the entire time he was here.

What kind of place allows that sort of situation to fester? It seems like the Flyers always have some sort of locker room issue which is splitting the team and detracting from the play.

Do they do anything to check on/meet with players beforehand? Do NHL players take the Wonderlich?

“I’m excited about all three newcomers and some of kids … our goaltending situation, I think is solid and I’d be very disappointed if it’s not.”

That would Emery and Steve Mason.

Snider said he could not think of any single issue on the team going into the preseason. Last year, the Flyers were simply dogged by injuries all through the lockout and right into the season.

Nothing to see here, move along please.

He also thought Bryzgalov was "solid" and "would be disappointed if he was not."

What kind of place allows that sort of situation to fester?

The same Organization that kept bringing in Richards and Carter's friends as teammates.  The same Organization that overpays for the FAs with a $$$ (name) on the back of the jersey.  

But I do have to say, I think the Flyers finally got it right with the goaltenders this season.  Having two goaltenders who can play the puck will create a faster transition up the ice.... and that is something I'm looking forward to watching this season.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/snider-has-high-expectations-goalie-tandem

What kind of place allows that sort of situation to fester? It seems like the Flyers always have some sort of locker room issue which is splitting the team and detracting from the play.

Do they do anything to check on/meet with players beforehand? Do NHL players take the Wonderlich?

He also thought Bryzgalov was "solid" and "would be disappointed if he was not."

I did the Wonderlich last year. What a strange test. Not sure what it means that they all ran away from me after I submitted my results.

I don't feel like I get a sense of that happening too frequently.

Two years ago they all loved each other (in a manly way)

The cup run they all loved each other (in a manly way)

Bryz was weird and got weirder. That's on Snider and homer for not getting the skinny before signing him.

D

What kind of place allows that sort of situation to fester? It seems like the Flyers always have some sort of locker room issue which is splitting the team and detracting from the play.

I don't feel like I get a sense of that happening too frequently.

Two years ago they all loved each other (in a manly way)

The cup run they all loved each other (in a manly way)

Bryz was weird and got weirder. That's on Snider and homer for not getting the skinny before signing him.

D

They traded away Crater and Richards, in part, because of the gap between them and Pronger.

History happened.