Roy had a few extra words to say......

hf101

Roy didn't particularily like the knee on knee hit by Lovejoy on his new star rookie Mackinnon which then as play continued ruined the 6 - 0 shutout.

So after the game horn ended he decided to have a few frank words with Bourdreau.......

Obviously the league will fine Roy

@hf101 Roy has been known for his temper when he was playing so this doesn't exactly surprise me. Honestly, he has every right to be mad about it. If the game was close I might have understood it but it was 6-0 like come on...If that barrier had broken down between Roy and Boudreau I just gotta say my money would be on Roy to beat the piss out of him hahahaha. Anyways, good win for the Av's I think Roy as head coach is exactly what the team needs to make a turn around.

Roy didn't particularily like the knee on knee hit by Lovejoy on his new star rookie Mackinnon which then as play continued ruined the 6 - 0 shutout.

So after the game horn ended he decided to have a few frank words with Bourdreau.......

Obviously the league will fine Roy

1. That poor camera guy. Just doing his job and those two asses push the plexi glass on him.

2. I never really understood the whole coaches going at it over stuff like that. The player is the one who did it. You don't know what role the coach - if any - played in the player's actions. It's just dumb to start yelling at a coach because his player did something stupid.

Nice to see him back in the NHL.

I still can't believe how badly Montreal screwed up with Roy. Probably one of the worst trades in history. You know, given the choice between trading away your franchise goaltender who brought you two Cups, or firing your coach, who's only been there a handful of games anyway (15-ish?), I can't believe they kept Tremblay over Roy.

@brelic  I feel the same way, I missed his passion and fire for the game! It was not Tremblay over Roy though, when Patrick left the ice that night, after getting blown out by the Wings, he looked the Habs President right in the eyes and said "I'll never play another game for you!!"...forget the guys name right now. A lot harder to remove the President than the coach, think he was related to or friends with the Molson brothers also.

@brelic  I feel the same way, I missed his passion and fire for the game! It was not Tremblay over Roy though, when Patrick left the ice that night, after getting blown out by the Wings, he looked the Habs President right in the eyes and said "I'll never play another game for you!!"...forget the guys name right now. A lot harder to remove the President than the coach, think he was related to or friends with the Molson brothers also.

Yeah, it was Corey I think... The thing is the team had just replaced Savard and Demers, and Roy was an undeniable franchise goaltender entering his prime. I do remember his skating up to the bench and saying that... it was a pretty pivotal moment in Habs history.

But Roy and Tremblay had a history and hated each other. So if my franchise goaltender comes to me and says that, I would explore everything else before moving him. I would have to think firing the source of Roy's anger and frustration would make more sense given his importance to the team.

@brelic  Yeah, it does appear that the Habs did not make every possible in order to keep Patrick, he then went on to win cups for the Lanche. What a huge mistake, I would have even fired Corey and the whole damn coaching staff to keep Patrick in the fold. You just don't let generational talents like that walk away without doing everything in their power to make it right with the guy. It was a HORRIBLE move by Trembly to leave Patrick in like that, you don't let a rookie suffer a double digit thrashing, much less a first ballot Hall of Famer like Roy. Never, ever understood what motivated Mario to pull that stunt, but it forever changed the course of that franchise.