And so it begins, opening game post game

nossagog

Solid start for the Pens tonight with a 3-0 win agains the Devils.   I liked what I saw, other than the short time that Neal was on the ice before going down.  He did not look 100%, not sure why he was in there.

Going to give myfirst star of the game to Fleury tonight, pretty easy pick.  He played a solid game, made the easy saves with excellent positioning, and madde a few phenominal saves, like the one into the catching glove behind his back. Congrats on the shutout.

I'll go off script with the second star, welcom the the 'burgh Chuck Kobasew.  I like it, very dependable on the defeinsive side of the puck, and is going to fit in quite well.

Going even further off script with my third star,  gulp, Tanner Glass. Yes, I said it, Tanner Glass. As much as I've critized him, he played a fantastic game, chipping in a point with the assist on the Adams goal.

Loved what I saw from Matta, he won't stay up long, but he's definitely an NHL player.

Bennet has matured alot over the summer, and looks alot bigger.

• Like 1

Great game for Pens, in particular of course, MAF...can't get over that glove save behind the back!! Unbelievable!  Liked the pad save off Clowe too...just great all night. A shutout on the opening game, not too shabby...haha.  As much as I like Schneids, I knew the Pens would overpower him this game. He's really gonna have to up his game playing these eastern teams more regularly now, somewhat different than the west! 

(Yah I never really cared much for Tanner Glass when he was with us either! lol Good to see him at least contributing!)  ;)

This is a HUGE year for MAF. The unfortunate part is, no matter how well he plays, no matter how solid, his team and the Pens fans will always be pointing fingers come playoff time. I think the Pens have to make the conference final in order for MAF to play another year in Pittsburgh. This is real make or break stuff right here. Any solid regular season will be quickly forgot about when the first puck is dropped in the 2014 playoffs.

good to see Bennett called back up, I was confused over Shero sending him down at the end of the preseason....

I don't think there was an issue, I think it was just moving players around until the season started for salary purposes.

This is a HUGE year for MAF. The unfortunate part is, no matter how well he plays, no matter how solid, his team and the Pens fans will always be pointing fingers come playoff time. I think the Pens have to make the conference final in order for MAF to play another year in Pittsburgh. This is real make or break stuff right here. Any solid regular season will be quickly forgot about when the first puck is dropped in the 2014 playoffs

Problem is that MAF's salary is a bit of a problem.  With one year left(after this year), it would be hard to find someone willing to pick him up for $5M and possible lose him after one year.