Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to return on Monday, vs Devils

JR Ewing

The Edmonton Oilers are going to get an offensive boost as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is set to make his season debut on Monday when they face the New Jersey Devils.

"He's been cleared by all of our doctors, he's been working hard in practice, he's fit and ready to go," said Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins.

Nugent-Hopkins had surgery on his shoulder in April after playing in 40 games during the 2012-13 season, contributing four goals and 20 assists with a plus-3 rating.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=433411

Dallas Eakins:

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=451469&catid=4

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins:

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=451468&catid=4

JR

Dammit, I thought he was out till mid November, or I would have drafted him much higher in fantasy. This will come back to haunt me...lol. Oh well, at least I have Taylor Hall and Justin Schultz on the Windsor Warriors, a big part of the Edmonton offense. I'm hoping Hall stays at center. That would give them Hall, Nugent-Hopkins and Gagner at center....that is a nice top 3 center combination, what was once a weakness would be transformed into a wonderful 1-2-3 punch. As long as the wingers fulfill their part of the equation, the Oilers offense could be stacked for years to come.

Dammit, I thought he was out till mid November, or I would have drafted him much higher in fantasy. This will come back to haunt me...lol. Oh well, at least I have Taylor Hall and Justin Schultz on the Windsor Warriors, a big part of the Edmonton offense. I'm hoping Hall stays at center. That would give them Hall, Nugent-Hopkins and Gagner at center....that is a nice top 3 center combination, what was once a weakness would be transformed into a wonderful 1-2-3 punch. As long as the wingers fulfill their part of the equation, the Oilers offense could be stacked for years to come.

With the Oilers calling up LWer Ryan Hamilton from OKC today, I think that's exactly what's going to happen. Also: I agree with it.

JR

I agree with jammer here, I would have drafted RNH if I even thought he was going to go off IR this soon.  I think Hall will go back to playing LW with Gagner and Eberle once Gagner comes back.