Can someone please explain to me....

jackhole

the logic behind WTF they are thinking, executing their entry into the zone on powerplays with 4 guys at a standstill on the blue line?????  

Is it me, or is that the most retarded thing to watch..... and, why, on gods green earth, hasn't anyone (I don't know, maybe .... a coach) said,  "STOP FUKKIN DOIN' THAT!!!" :angry:

That's an artifact from Lavy. A game ago, they were trying to take the zone with speed. I saw a few attempts at a hook and lateral style entry and more carrying the puck into the zone with some speed. It's a work in progress, but at least it's no longer all dump and chase.

That's an artifact from Lavy. A game ago, they were trying to take the zone with speed. I saw a few attempts at a hook and lateral style entry and more carrying the puck into the zone with some speed. It's a work in progress, but at least it's no longer all dump and chase.

How is it an "artifact from Lavy" when the architect of the Flyers power play under Lavy is now the head coach?

Just, you know, curious...

you're talking about that "slingshot" play I think. ...4 skaters slow down before entering the O zone and the trailer comes with speed up the middle - dump the puck to him and he enters the attack zone with a head of steam.

I hadn't seen them use it in a few games so I thought they'd abandoned it but they tried it last night. I guess it can be effective but your passing has to be good - you know, NHL-level. The Flyers struggle to hit the tape of a skater in motion so it's no wonder that play breaks down.

I thought Berube was the PK coach, and Lavy PP / offense?

I could be recalling wrong (trying to find links) but I remember people asking why Chief was running the PP.

From this: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=21134

Joe Mullin was kept on from Lavy's tenure and "will continue to work with the power play."

Not my favorite source, but: http://broadstreetbuzz.com/2013/10/09/grading-craig-berube-s-first-game-as-coach/

"It’s both worth mentioning and a cause for future concern as their power play has not been particularly noteworthy in the preseason or the first three games, and prior to Laviolette’s firing, Berube ran the power play dating back to John Stevens’ tenure."