Thanksgiving

yave1964

As the day draws near for us to give thanks for all we have before going out that night to trample little old ladies and children to get the latest PS2 game at ten percent off I thought I would see if anyone would be interested in a Thanksgiving topic.

I will start:

I am thankful for 22 years of playoffs by the Wings.

I am thankful for getting to see Lidstrom one more time at the old timers game against the Leafs

I am thankful for a wife who loves hockey

I am thankful for not being a Panther or Sabre fan.

Next?

Obviously thankful for friends and family and of course we are thankful and fortunate in our household to have financial stability...something I know many people are struggling with in the current economy.

Sports-wise, thankful that both my Lightning and Wild look like they will give me something to cheer about all year long!  Hey, they may or may not make the playoffs, but given what each respective GM has done with the teams, they both are certainly on the right track moving forward and I am liking that!

Particularly when the Vikings, Bucs, and to a lesser degree the Giants, have pretty much killed ANY enthusiasm I may have had for the NFL this season... ;)

Also thankful for having a significant other who loves sports as much as I do...though, I've been told he has felt thankful the other way around twice as much, as it seems its easier to for a wife to find a husband who likes sports, rather than the other way around, from my understanding.. :D

And also thankful for a 6 yr old son who seems interested in sports...he loves soccer, baseball, and just yesterday, got his legs with skating for the first time ever...so maybe there is a budding hockey player in him..haha...no, I WON'T be one of those parents who pushes a child to do sports, but if he really wants to do them, mommy will be 100% behind him!

• Like 1

I am thankful for:

1. Being a hockey fan!!  :D

2. Watching great hockey when I lived in Michigan ... then moving to Chicago and watching more great hockey!

3. Having a favorite player (Toews) who is becoming more like another favorite player of mine when I lived in Michigan (Yzerman) ... and they both wear number 19!

4. Drinking good beer while watching great hockey

and most of all now ...

5. Finding Hockeyforums.net!!  :D

Edited by Chicago Hawkie