Hockey Night in Canada replaced by Bowling?

Phil Pork

@JackStraw  It's my understanding, that Rogers is allowing CBC to tag along, BUT...Rogers will call the shots as to which game gets aired on Saturday night. So, we get hockey on that night, but not exactly what we are used to. Saturday night without the Leafs on HNIC is a sickening thought. Even a Leaf hater like me realizes the importance of the Leafs being the lead game on HNIC...it's tradition. This is a very strange agreement.

@goalnut3133  TSN bought the rights to the old HNIC theme song 2 years ago. The CBC no longer has the rights to play that song. The guy who wrote it sold it off to TSN, forget how much but think it was half a  million or something around there. I was and still am devastated by that, like you, it is a cherished childhood memory that was sold off for the almighty buck.....SICKENING!!  The CBC should have ponied up, heck it's owned by tax payers, if everyone agreed to a few cents per Canadian, it should and would have stayed with the CBC. Still having trouble coping with this loss....it's like a family member died....and I'm not joking. 

@jammer2 - I didn't realize the Leaf were on every week, I thought it was a game with at least one Canadian team. God forbid an American network tried to do something like that here, if Fox decided to show the Yankees every week (actually, it seems like they already do), or ESPN wanted to show the Cowboys every week on MNF, there would be blood in the streets.

@JackStraw  The second late game always varies, different Canadian teams share the spotlight, but in Ontario, the Leafs *always* rule Saturday night. Really, that is the way it should be, there are far more Leaf fans than any other team, it's not even close...so when you wanna sell commercials etc, it makes sense to have the team on that people will tune into....that's why I think Rogers will be smart and use the Leafs to make money....in the end, that's what it's all about, no?