Hank out two weeks at least

yave1964

The latest injury Henrik Zetterberg is out at least two weeks with a disc problem in his back. Ouch.

This comes on top of the injury to Pavel who is unlikely to play against the Flyers, Bert is still out and Dekeyser as well. No cap room to make a deal, it is gut check time for the boys.

The mule has been outstanding as has Helm who wow I never thought I would say this is now likely to center the top line. Nyquist and Tatar have claimed jobs and will refuse to let them go.

Stephen Weiss is key here, he is healthy and must get it together for the Wings to weather the storm. Every team faces injuries this is just devastating though.

@WingNut722

@yave1964

Pav's likely out until and likely through the weekend. Holland said Pav's gonna need 3 practices or so before playing, and he's only skated alone once, Monday.

The stress seemed to be on the "at least" in that "Z is out at least 2 weeks." So we are going to go a few games here without either one.

Mr. Weiss, this is EXACTLY when we need you to start playing and competing like a Red Wing.

No word yet on who they will call up from GR, but it will likely have to be a center, eh? This is starting to feel like last year, but better, because the young guys are probably confident enough that they can do this, and they know they aren't trying to earn a job, but rather just trying to win.

I understand that Helm's probably gonna be top line, but I think I like him better on the second line where his speed can surprise more.

This could put a dent in our rolling 3 lines for sure.

• Like 1

That's gotta be tough; I'm sorry to hear that.

It's seems like the Wings have had more than their share of injury trouble in the last two seasons ...

It is a young mans game, your body can only take so much at the fast paced version of the game they play today. Sadly, as well as they both are playing Z and Pavel are on the downside of brilliant careers and the injuries are just part of it......

@SpikeDDS

There's no room in the salary cap to bring someone up unless Holland puts someone on LTIR.  The easy, immediate switch would be if Todd Bertuzzi is ready to come back.  If he is, then the Wings have their full compliment of forwards tonight.  But to answer your question, the likely call would be Luke Glendenning again.    

Glendening seems the safe pick, he was good on the P/K last time around and with Helm going to draw top line minutes his may be more of an offensive role moving forward for the next X amount of time until Z returns.

Of course if we need offense, Jurco is leading the Griffins in scoring and running around all over the ice He might be a good one.

If Hank is LTIR'd it frees up money to do what is needed, either trade or call up wise. Like Wingnut mentioned if Bert comes back no problem, we have 12 forwards and six blue liners. If not the LTIR is going to be  a recquirement for someone.....

Of course if we need offense

All those injuries and yet yall have won 4 straight...woe was you....please take it easy on my guys tonight....we need the win more than you so have some pitty and just give us one!!!!  :ph34r:

All those injuries and yet yall have won 4 straight...woe was you....please take it easy on my guys tonight....we need the win more than you so have some pitty and just give us one!!!!  :ph34r:

philly hasnt won in Detroit in forever, what, fifteen years?? If it is ever going to happen it is tonight, the Wings are for whatever reason a bad home team, Pavel, Bert and Z all out, and your guys coming in hungry. I dont do the pick'em game but if i did sadly i would have my money on the Flyers. Hope im wrong but this looks like a mismatch.

Well if the Flyers from this past Wild game how up you could dress your AHL club and beat em with it...they sucked that bad.

I watched most of that game, the Wild were flying around at a whole other speed than the Flyers seemed capable of. I am still blown away by that, I cannot figure out if the Flyers are that slow or if the Wild are that fast.

You're welcome. Did you want that wrapped with a third period bow?

Sheesh!

• Like 1