Gm for a day

Jmdodgesrt4

@Jmdodgesrt4  I don't think Coburn and Coots for Hall would be enough back from an Oilers perspective. Eberle is different though, I've read many times the Oilers don't think he can repeat the 30 goal effort from a few years ago, he could be had for that price.

If both trades go down, who the hell plays center? We'd be left with B.Schenn, Adam Hall and maybe Cousins. Sure, we would acquire some talent, but I prefer to be strong down the middle, this would leave the cupboard bare. If G went for Weber, it could be just G and some picks. I'd prefer to leave Laughton out of it, who knows, maybe he would become our 1st line center....he has enough offensive upside to be thought of in that light.....although everybody and their mother thinks he will be a 3rd line checking center....maybe to start out, but I see Laughton filling the net at the NHL level.

I'd do the Schenn brothers...maybe.

For Hall?.....you might, but the Oilers would not even think twice about rejecting that deal. Taylor is plugging along at a point per game pace, and that just might climb to 1.2 or 1.3 by the time the season ends....that's 2 much to give up to acquire the unfinished product in Brayden and his deer in headlights brother. Now, possibly Eberle would be moved for a package like that.....I've heard the Oilers have been shopping him. 

Our third line with the checking center was recently dubbd the hottest line in hockey.

Then they rolled into Dallas during an ice storm and never unfroze, but still... Weber would be great, but even without the goals we might have liked I think y'all are missing what Coots and G do for this team.

I wouldn't consider tradin either unless weber or another of the league's top d men were involved.

In the mean time I'd focus my attention on getting Jagr to drive back down te turnpike. He's being abused in jersey and his spark has obviously been the thing Giroux has been missing.

Being back Jagr and watch G explode with goals.

I still believe their woes come from never having addressed the loss of jagr and this year gagne (remember the whole team improved drastically after gags returned last year) Screwing him over has been homer's worst mistake this year and possibly #2 all time after the Bryzaster contract.

@Jmdodgesrt4 I don't think Coburn and Coots for Hall would be enough back from an Oilers perspective. Eberle is different though, I've read many times the Oilers don't think he can repeat the 30 goal effort from a few years ago, he could be had for that price.

If both trades go down, who the hell plays center? We'd be left with B.Schenn, Adam Hall and maybe Cousins. Sure, we would acquire some talent, but I prefer to be strong down the middle, this would leave the cupboard bare. If G went for Weber, it could be just G and some picks. I'd prefer to leave Laughton out of it, who knows, maybe he would become our 1st line center....he has enough offensive upside to be thought of in that light.....although everybody and their mother thinks he will be a 3rd line checking center....maybe to start out, but I see Laughton filling the net at the NHL level.

Posted · Hidden by flyercanuck, December 11, 2013 - multi-post
Hidden by flyercanuck, December 11, 2013 - multi-post

Our third line with the checking center was recently dubbd the hottest line in hockey.

Then they rolled into Dallas during an ice storm and never unfroze, but still... Weber would be great, but even without the goals we might have liked I think y'all are missing what Coots and G do for this team.

I wouldn't consider tradin either unless weber or another of the league's top d men were involved.

In the mean time I'd focus my attention on getting Jagr to drive back down te turnpike. He's being abused in jersey and his spark has obviously been the thing Giroux has been missing.

Being back Jagr and watch G explode with goals.

I still believe their woes come from never having addressed the loss of jagr and this year gagne (remember the whole team improved drastically after gags returned last year) Screwing him over has been homer's worst mistake this year and possibly #2 all time after the Bryzaster contract.

@Jmdodgesrt4 I don't think Coburn and Coots for Hall would be enough back from an Oilers perspective. Eberle is different though, I've read many times the Oilers don't think he can repeat the 30 goal effort from a few years ago, he could be had for that price.