Feaster Fired

hf101

I thought the Flames were going to be Sabre bad, among the worst one or two teams in hockey, and frankly feel they have played better than could be expected. They sit at 11-15-4 without any semblance of an NHL goalie anywhere in the entire organization, not a horrible record for a bunch of castoffs and rejects. They have been playing hard for Bob Hartley who has to be looking over his shoulder now.

I figured this was going to be the end game when Burke signed as an advisor role with the club, he seems the logical man to take over this mess. The mishandling of the are we buyers or sellers mess for several years cost Feaster, getting nothing for Kipper who could have been dealt a few years ago but the trigger was not pulled soon enough and he retired with no return, Iginlia netted them a poor return, a bare cupboard in the minors which is inexcusable with all the top end draft picks they have had didn't help either.

Overall it was time, hell it was probably a year or two late. Burke may or may not put his name on a permanent role with this club depending upon if he feels he can stick around long enough to turn the club around. The two biggest faces of the franchise gone, the saddledome flooded this summer should have been considered an omen of doom for the team. Drafting Monahan was the first thing that has went right for this bunch in a long time.

• Like 1

They have been playing hard for Bob Hartley who has to be looking over his shoulder now.

@yave1964,

In his presser, Burke said the coaching staff is safe and he is happy with the job they are doing.  He said he even promised them they would finish the year no matter what the new GM wants to do. 

I couldn't have said it any better than yave did. The Flames have been bad for way too long. They should have traded Iginla and Kiprosoff years ago and maybe come out of it with some quality youth. Instead they basically got nothing. There should be a lot more impact players on that team considering they've been a non-factor for awhile. And I find it strange that Burkes huge head would be happy in such a small market.

• Like 1