Report: Kesler wants out of Vancouver

hf101

wow that would be huge. I wonder if he could be a Blue Jacket soon, with his Ohio State roots.....or dare I say, he is from Lavonia Michigan. Wow would he look good in the winged wheel

Man oh man, would Kesler ever be a perfect sub for Zetts until he returns, just what the Wings need!!  They should really look into this.

@jammer2

What has always blown my mind is how many NHLers are from Detroit or the surrounding area. I know across the tunnel is a hockey hotbed and Michigan and Michigan State are superb at developing US players, but Michigan seems to have more NHLers than any other state.Minnesota and Wisconsin are close and I understand it from there but Detroit?

@jammer2

What has always blown my mind is how many NHLers are from Detroit or the surrounding area. I know across the tunnel is a hockey hotbed and Michigan and Michigan State are superb at developing US players, but Michigan seems to have more NHLers than any other state.Minnesota and Wisconsin are close and I understand it from there but Detroit?

Found some info, chart is a bit funky to read, but apparently Minnesota is in the lead and Michigan is a close second....

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_USPlayers.php

Found some info, chart is a bit funky to read, but apparently Minnesota is in the lead and Michigan is a close second....

http://www.quanthockey.com/TS/TS_USPlayers.php

Leave it to you to dig something like this up this quick!! Thanks!  I knew Michigan had to be way up there.....