Knutsetsov debuts for Caps on Monday

jammer2

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445621

Well, well.....the long awaited debut of Knutsetsov is at hand. He will play his first game for the Caps on Monday night. He had previously played for his hometown KHL team for the last 5 years. He played in the KHL all star game as a 20 year old. He's currently 21, betting the goal starved Caps will welcome him with open arms. Do the Caps pair him with OV to start out, or make him earn his playing time and stick him in the bottom six?

Nice three assist game last night. Easily the best player who was playing in Europe who had never played in the NHL.

From what I have read he has been reluctant to come to the states, and it is a serious question whether he remains or returns to Europe as time goes by. Playing with Ovie may be enough to convince him to stay over here. After watching him last night (the Wings/Oilers games was painfully boring so I kept flipping back and forth) I sure hope he likes it over here.