Aww geez.........

WingNut722

That was a crap penalty. Glendenning never made a move for that stick at all. It was pushed towards him by Smith. How is Neal supposed to know its not broken?? Man that aggravates me. Watching it in replay... That was a horrible call.

The penalty was aweful, but the loss is all on the Pens.  The sat back on a 5 minute power play that would have won them the game.   

That was a crap penalty. Glendenning never made a move for that stick at all. It was pushed towards him by Smith. How is Neal supposed to know its not broken?? Man that aggravates me. Watching it in replay... That was a horrible call.

Polaris it was a crappy penalty because it is a crappy RULE. The rule needs changed. Glendening lost his stick and it was laying there, not just for a second or two but for nearly ten seconds. Frankly at this point it was a hazard to the game.

That said, it is a rule. Everyone knows it is, do not touch the stick if it is lying on the ice. I said last night it was a ticky tack penalty and it was but it has to be enforced because it is a ticky tack rule. Frankly it is a minor area that needs adjusted or tweaked within the rule book. This is worst case scenario, it may or may not have cost the Pens a point but as @nossagog mentioned, the Penguins had a five minute power play due to Legwand playing pocket pool in Malkins table (Horrible play by Legwand BTW) and the Pens sat back, they are so ridiculously skilled and number two in the league on the power play but they did not force this issue.

Overall, one of the two or three best games I have watched this season and that is not even factoring in that it was my Wings. Sloppy, ugly, cheap, a bit dirty on both sides, crazy goals, David and Goliath feel, one hell of a hockey game.

@nossagog

@yave1964

I'm not blaming the loss on it, just never should have been called. There's an exception to that rule if the stick is broken. They should've left that one alone under that exception. Different story if Glendenning is trying to recover it, but he clearly abandoned it on the ice. After all that time, stepping on it, why wouldn't you push it aside?

@nossagog

@yave1964

I'm not blaming the loss on it, just never should have been called. There's an exception to that rule if the stick is broken. They should've left that one alone under that exception. Different story if Glendenning is trying to recover it, but he clearly abandoned it on the ice. After all that time, stepping on it, why wouldn't you push it aside?

Stupid rule badly enforced. No question. But it is a rule. I do not think it cost the Penguins the game or won it for the Wings for that matter, just a strange fun game.

Stupid rule badly enforced. No question. But it is a rule. I do not think it cost the Penguins the game or won it for the Wings for that matter, just a strange fun game.

It mattered, as it eliminated our power play and I think it was Tatar scored to tie the game just after. However, as Noss said the Pens had every opportunity to win but blew it. That bothers me, but perhaps they just need something to play for right now. If they're going to stall out a little, I'd rather it be now than a few weeks from now.

It mattered, as it eliminated our power play and I think it was Tatar scored to tie the game just after. However, as Noss said the Pens had every opportunity to win but blew it. That bothers me, but perhaps they just need something to play for right now. If they're going to stall out a little, I'd rather it be now than a few weeks from now.

My biggest problem was the lack of urgency during the 5 min major.    It just didn't seem like they wanted it, and that's got to change coming down the stretch.

My biggest problem was the lack of urgency during the 5 min major. It just didn't seem like they wanted it, and that's got to change coming down the stretch.

Agreed. I didn't watch it but your opinion is good enough for me.

My biggest problem was the lack of urgency during the 5 min major.    It just didn't seem like they wanted it, and that's got to change coming down the stretch.

I have to agree with your assessment. It was never more apparent than when Malkin and Neal played hot potato with the puck. Like that old LIFE cereal commercial, "You try it." "No, you try it." "I'm not gonna try it."

"Let's get Alfie! He won't shoot it. He passes everything!" ;-)

• Like 1

I have to agree with your assessment. It was never more apparent than when Malkin and Neal played hot potato with the puck. Like that old LIFE cereal commercial, "You try it." "No, you try it." "I'm not gonna try it."

"Let's get Alfie! He won't shoot it. He passes everything!" ;-)

It's very frustrating to see all that talent sitting on the ice playing paddycakes   LOL  Happens to us a lot.  

It's very frustrating to see all that talent sitting on the ice playing paddycakes   LOL  Happens to us a lot.  

I think a LOT of that is the loss of Letang. Maatta has been amazing, Despres has talent but Letang warts and all ran that blue line and made that offense go.

I think a LOT of that is the loss of Letang. Maatta has been amazing, Despres has talent but Letang warts and all ran that blue line and made that offense go.

Letang was great on breaking the puck out of the zone and getting it up ice.  But Niskanen has actually been better at quarterbacking the power play.  I've come to the conclusion, in no small part due to an interview with Malkin, that the Olympics were an emotional let down for the Pens.   Both winners and losers.  Chicago has struggled as well, and also had a LOT of players there.