Aww geez.........

WingNut722

You know, enough's enough already...

http://www.freep.com/article/20140318/SPORTS05/303180078/detroit-red-wings-justin-abdelkader-injury-brendan-smith

Justin Abdelkader apparently cut his leg bad enough to be out of the line-up tonight.  So depending on whether Todd Bertuzzi can play tonight, Brendan Smith will be playing at forward!

Good grief..when will it end...???

If you show up early enough for the game they might just let you play, lol.

What is wrong with Smith at forward? Burns and big Buff do it, the wings haven't hade anyone since Mathieu Dandeneault who could bounce back and forth between the forward and blue line roles, it offers a little bit of roster flexibility.

One thing, the Wings forwards are devastated by injuries while their defense has remained relatively unscathed. 7 d-men may be the way we have to go. Is Ferraro playing tonight?

@WingNut722@yave1964

Uh first of all, Ferraro AND Bertuzzi both played tonight. Smith played forward and helped with the D after E's injury. See below.

Second, Abby is out for at least 2 weeks with his cut.

Third, now you are ALL wrong--Jonathan Ericsson's out with an upper body injury. No word on how long he'll be out yet. So our D is no longer unscathed.

This injury-per-game streak has GOTTA stop!

Smith playing forward was an interesting move by Babs. I like that he. Did that AND called up Ferraro.

Nyquist was all over the place tonight. He was close to a hat trick--hitting iron on a shot that beat Reimer--and could have even scored 4. He leads the team in goals now.

@SpikeDDS@WingNut722

You know I jinxed us, saying our defense has remained relatively healthy and now Ericsson. Ugh.

Jimmy Howard who has been my whipping boy this year played a whale of a game, the type of game he played last year down the stretch to carry us into the postseason. THIS is what it is going to take. Mickey said we need 9 wins in the final 15 to make the postseason, I think maybe 10. Daunting but doable but if and only if Jimmy Howard plays like this.

I don't know if you heard the game last night buy Ray Ferraro telling tales from his 24 year career and choking up discussing his feelings of his son playing his first game was very nice. One heck of a player who played forever with about a million teams nice to hear a player 'unplugged' and just speaking with so much pride about his son.

@yave1964

I DVR every game that is on FSD. I can't watch them live due to blackout rules. But FSD replays that night's game at midnight the next day, and I DVR that and watch the next day (unless I know from reading that the game is not worth my time). So I'll watch the game today. The replay removes a good bit of the intermissions, so if Mickey was saying it during an intermission, I might not be able to hear it. But if he says it during play, I should be able to.

BTW, E is out for at least 2 weeks with a broken finger.

Please don't say anything about goalies! ;-)

• Like 1

I don't know if you heard the game last night buy Ray Ferraro telling tales from his 24 year career and choking up discussing his feelings of his son playing his first game was very nice. One heck of a player who played forever with about a million teams nice to hear a player 'unplugged' and just speaking with so much pride about his son.

BTW, freaking Red Wings Replay TOTALLY cu out the first 8 minutes of the 2nd period, so I missed ALL of Ray Ferraro's comments. GRR! There was a LOT of editing of this game to get it down to 2 hrs, especially since the game seemed to move along so quickly--well, the parts I could see anyway.

@yave1964

I'm actually fighting a bad cold so I ended up missing all of the game because I was passed out on meds.  Figures I miss the best game of the last week or so.  Yeah I think we all need to stop talking about injuries.  Everytime we do, they keep dropping!  

@Polaris922 might have a nice little point here.  Wings and Pens tonight...let's see if anybody goes down as a results of THIS game..the top two crippled teams in the NHL..

• Like 1

@yave1964

I'm actually fighting a bad cold so I ended up missing all of the game because I was passed out on meds.  Figures I miss the best game of the last week or so.  Yeah I think we all need to stop talking about injuries.  Everytime we do, they keep dropping!  

@Polaris922 might have a nice little point here.  Wings and Pens tonight...let's see if anybody goes down as a results of THIS game..the top two crippled teams in the NHL..

Prediction: Babs finally succumbs to all the pressure of having all these injuries, and leaves with a headache after two periods with an "upper body injury." He's day-to-day.

;-)

• Like 1

@SpikeDDS

That stinks! Ferraro was a lot of fun to listen to. One proud papa. Other than one bad turnover that led to a breakaway by Kessel little Ferraro played a good game and killed penalties like a pro. Man we got a lot of fun decisions to make next year......

@SpikeDDS

That stinks! Ferraro was a lot of fun to listen to. One proud papa. Other than one bad turnover that led to a breakaway by Kessel little Ferraro played a good game and killed penalties like a pro. Man we got a lot of fun decisions to make next year......

And a SWEET save Jimmy Howard made on that one! Kessel won't miss too many of those. I did hear Daniels' saying Ray was thanking Howard for that save. Rightly so. A beauty, eh?!