Biggest dissapointment for your team

yave1964

@J0e Th0rnton

While I'm happy that your workdays are more enjoyable, I can't say I'd take it over the Leafs winning. No offense.

As unbearable as the fanbase can be at times, it still hurts.

Also, you sir are a cunning bastard.

hehehe. you should read the April fools thread I made in off topic

I;d have to say Dan Boyle, -7 ; 11goals...meh just sayin if I had to pick someone. oh SAN JOSE SHARKS

Boyle is an UFA and I am hoping my Wings snatch him up. It says wonders that the Sharks don't have a lot of guys who stand out in this category.

I said Brunner or Ryder earlier in this thread. I now change that to just Ryder, who has 1 goal in his last 32 games. The guy is utterly useless when not scoring. He's slow, soft, and worthless defensively.

I'm specifically thinking of Eriksson.

Yeah, who would have thought in retrospect that on the boston side Reilly Smith would be the stud of the trade? That said, all three players Boston got for Tyler are in the lineup. But I am equally unimpressed (better word than disappointment) with Loui this year. 

Tyler had to go, one way or another. When your GM calls you out publicly (ala Clarke / Lindros), the writing is on the wall. 

Rangers: Henrik Lundquist. Good year but not a season fit for a king

I disagree on King Henry. He is doing what he normally does. His gaa is a bit higher, but I generally ignore that stat as sv. pctg is more meaningful to me. 

I hate to do this and it will seem a bit unfair, but St Louis would be my nomination for biggest disappointment on NYR. He has played nearly a quarter season there and the ppg player has turned into a .5 ppg player. ONE goal in 18 games. Callahan on the other hand has fit right in and doing is normal yeoman job (not a superstar, but same as he always does). 

Nail Yakupov The biggest disappointment in the game this year. Number one pick, on the block.

Number one rule: Never draft a russian in the first round (Malkin is the exception). Effing prima donnas (that includes rocket richard winnder Ovechkin). 

You ever wonder if Yakupov and Dyatsuk go out to dinner? Dyatsuk probably spits out his food on the waste of talent that Yakupov is thus far. 

New Jersey Danius Zubrus only 7 points in last 46 games

Have to disagree on this too. Danius is doing exactly what he always does. He is 35 years old. The nomination for the devils for this category for the next TWELVE years will be: 

1) NJD Ownership

1a) Iyla Kovulchuk

Have to disagree on this too. Danius is doing exactly what he always does. He is 35 years old. The nomination for the devils for this category for the next TWELVE years will be:

1) NJD Ownership

1a) Iyla Kovulchuk

We have rich owners who are willing to spend. I don't think that will be an issue going forward. Previous ownership on the other hand...

Losing Kovalchuk hurts on the ice, but I don't miss that contract at all. It's far better for the organization long term that he "retired" when he did.

We have rich owners who are willing to spend. I don't think that will be an issue going forward. Previous ownership on the other hand...

Losing Kovalchuk hurts on the ice, but I don't miss that contract at all. It's far better for the organization long term that he "retired" when he did.

Thanks. I haven't paid much attention to the NJD ownership situation for awhile. I just know before that they were nearly in bankruptcy court. 

On Kovalchuk, Here is how i look at the winners loser of that trade: 

1) Thrashers / Jets- They got Byfgulien (via Chicago), 2013 2nd  (Eric Comrie- G) & 3rd round pick (J.C. Lipon- RW) via Oduya trade to Chicago. 

2) Chicago- They got two blue chip prospects (kevin hayes- LW / C plays on Goudreaus top line at BC and Justin Holl-D Plays for the Minnesota Gophers) & Oduya

3) NJD- They got a malcontent Kovy and Jon Merrill and an empty wallet. Seriously, Merill looks ok, but still in development. 

One of Lou's worst moves ever. 

Edited by Vanflyer

Thanks. I haven't paid much attention to the NJD ownership situation for awhile. I just know before that they were nearly in bankruptcy court. 

On Kovalchuk, Here is how i look at the winners loser of that trade: 

1) Thrashers / Jets- They got Byfgulien (via Chicago), 2013 2nd  (Eric Comrie- G) & 3rd round pick (J.C. Lipon- RW) via Oduya trade to Chicago. 

2) Chicago- They got two blue chip prospects (kevin hayes- LW / C plays on Goudreaus top line at BC and Justin Holl-D Plays for the Minnesota Gophers) & Oduya

3) NJD- They got a malcontent Kovy and Jon Merrill and an empty wallet. Seriously, Merill looks ok, but still in development. 

One of Lou's worst moves ever. 

Well, it almost worked for one year. If Kovy didn't mess up his back in 2012 they might have beaten the Kings. Hell, if they would have just won either of those first two OT games at home they might have won that series. But they didn't, and it's been a nightmare ever since.

If you want to add to that list, I think Kovy's contract played a part in Parise leaving. Granted, the Wild gave him a ridiculous contract, but if Kovy wasn't there, I think he might have stayed. It couldn't have sat well with him that they went out and got Kovy, then bent over backwards to keep him. And while Parise did say Lou gave him a competitive offer, I really don't know how they could have afforded to have both him and Kovy on huge contracts. Definitely not one of Lou's better moments.

I disagree on King Henry. He is doing what he normally does. His gaa is a bit higher, but I generally ignore that stat as sv. pctg is more meaningful to me. 

I hate to do this and it will seem a bit unfair, but St Louis would be my nomination for biggest disappointment on NYR. He has played nearly a quarter season there and the ppg player has turned into a .5 ppg player. ONE goal in 18 games. Callahan on the other hand has fit right in and doing is normal yeoman job (not a superstar, but same as he always does). 

I never considered MSL at the time I put this on here, he had only recently come to NY. I know Lundqvist is a stretch, I had him on both of my fantasy teams and I can tell you he just seemed off this year. His nomination was more a personal one for what he managed to do to my goaltending though truthfully he has been very, very close to his usual self for quite some time. In truth I should have nominated Nash, 40 something points on the year when he was healthy most of the time for that trade and that contract, ouch.

If you want to add to that list, I think Kovy's contract played a part in Parise leaving. Granted, the Wild gave him a ridiculous contract, but if Kovy wasn't there, I think he might have stayed. It couldn't have sat well with him that they went out and got Kovy, then bent over backwards to keep him. And while Parise did say Lou gave him a competitive offer, I really don't know how they could have afforded to have both him and Kovy on huge contracts. Definitely not one of Lou's better moments.

Never thought about that- and you would know better then I. It is interesting to see the chain though, and I do also believe Parise would have stayed. 

Not withstanding that playoff run, do you think NJ really had to make that move? More-so, sign him to that monstrous contract?? (note, I get the marketing / new building / face of the team thing). 

should have nominated Nash, 40 something points on the year when he was healthy most of the time for that trade and that contract, ouch.

Forgot about him- actually I would do him over StL. You can give StL the benefit of knew team / system / role, etc. That does not apply to Nash. 

Forgot about him- actually I would do him over StL. You can give StL the benefit of knew team / system / role, etc. That does not apply to Nash. 

Nash has always been a lazy guy who relies on his talent.

I have seen what the guy can do when motivated. He can be amazing and take over games. But his motivation rarely kicks in. I used to think it was playng for the Jackets, then i saw he is just not a hard worker.

You see it in any job you work. The guy who works the hardest often gets better results

Never thought about that- and you would know better then I. It is interesting to see the chain though, and I do also believe Parise would have stayed.

Not withstanding that playoff run, do you think NJ really had to make that move? More-so, sign him to that monstrous contract?? (note, I get the marketing / new building / face of the team thing).

I think Lou wanted to keep Kovy, but I don't think he would have gone to the lengths he did if ownership hadn't pressured him. Lou has publicly said he doesn't like those kind of contracts, but if ownership tells you to get a guy signed, you get a guy signed.

But, in true Loophole Lou fashion, he managed to get that contract off the books for a cap recapture penalty of only $250,000 a year, and they get to keep their first rounder this year (even if it is #30 overall).