Colts/Wolves series

Lindbergh31

Hey FC,

Congrats on the Colts winning the series, they were the better team and looks like you guys are set in goal for the next 3 years, I really hope the Flyers keep an eye on Blackwood he's going to be good. I didn't see the whole game, was there any fights or was it a pretty tame game. Did Ekbald play last night?  Now you guys will face Oshawa? I'm going to cheer for my hometown team, Soo Greyhounds.

Edited by Lindbergh31

Sudbury looked like they were more interested in playing chippy than trying to win.

There was a steady stream to the penalty box, and more brutal officiating all game both ways. I thought Hall had his arm broken by a slash at one point, and the ref gave a "dive" signal (LMAO), but didn't call that either. Hall was later boarded pretty bad and didn't return....no call. Then the ref would call some hook that barely was. Everybody around us was just scratching their heads all game at the poor officiating. James and Silk had a pretty good scrap at the 20:00 mark of the 2nd. They were both trading punches but James cut his hand on Silks helmet and stopped throwing. Silk managed to land a few more before the officials broke it up, giving him the decision.

Ekblad didn't play. Neither did Theoret, so we were missing 3 of our best players. Sudbury finally settled down in the 3rd but it was too late. Your goalie didn't have a stellar night.. Blackwood didn't need to be great last night, but he stopped everything. Apparently he turned 17 a couple of months ago.

If one of Niagara (up 3-2) or Peterborough (down 3-2) can upset, we'd avoid the inevitable showdown with the Gennies. I think we can beat any of the teams in the east other than the Shwa. I still remember Laughton last year being a one man show against Barrie in a losing effort, and he's got a way better team and havng a career year.

@jammer2

Last night was a war,(not Windsor/Barrie war, neither team has the talent)  even though it was 7-0. I'm sore just from watching it. Those two teams don't like each other.

Like I said, I'd rather play the Generals in the East final than next round. I'm hoping for some help here from one of the underdogs.

@flyercanuck  Yep, in the end you gotta beat them all, but nothing wrong cheering for somebody to take a few chunks out of them before you meet. I figure the only thing to be decided in the West is who will meet the Knights. Even with Stolarz out, they are in good hands, Jake Paterson is a talented tender and has fair amount of playoff experience.

@jammer2

Not a huge drop off in talent from Stolarz to Patterson, so they should be good to go. But they haven't impressed me that much this year...I think losing Harrington AND Maatta has really hurt them.

Guelph just looks like a machine. But, there's a reason they play the games.

@FC and Jammer2

I think Guelph is on a mission this year and I don't see the Knights beating them. The Hounds/Otters series should be a good one. FC, if the Colts can avoid the Generals until the Eastern Conference finals then it would be better for them. As for the mighty or not so mighty Wolves, they were playing so well most of the year but in the last month something had to be happening in the dressing room because they stopped playing as a team instead they were playing like a lot of individuals who didn't give a ****. It doesn't help that they have the owner's son playing on the team and he shouldn't be, I'm sure that doesn't sit well with the coaching staff and other players.