Pens / Caps rivalry news...

Polaris922

heh heh heh 

Once they were elimin8ted, they decided to play hockey again. Freaking joke- playing to save their jobs!!! 

Jettison Ovie (ala Kovy) and get on with rehabbing the team. You can have the "Hart" "Art Ross" winner, but he will never bring you a championship. I used to think he (8lienated) was better than Crosby (a few years back). How sadly mistaken I was. 

I used to think he (8lienated) was better than Crosby (a few years back). How sadly mistaken I was.

Honestly though.. Ovechkin used to bring a passion to the game with an elite goal scoring touch that was hard to ignore.  It's only been in recent years that his weaknesses have really shone through for everyone to see.  

Honestly though.. Ovechkin used to bring a passion to the game with an elite goal scoring touch that was hard to ignore.  It's only been in recent years that his weaknesses have really shone through for everyone to see.  

Yeah, and perhaps it was that passion that made me think he was better than Crosby a few years back (you know, when Crosby was doing all his whining?). 

I just don't get the Russian players at all (Datsyuk aside and a few others that have played for the wings). Most are just utterly selfish hockey players (bobrovsky gets a pass on this too). Edmonton is kicking themselve for the Yakupov (sp) pick (even though the writing was on the wall at the world juniors with him). 

At one point in time, a thread like this was a lot of fun.  You'd have the Crosby fans on one side, and the Ovechkin fans on the other side, and there would be a battle of player love/hate.

Now, what's the point? Crosby fans would still be point out the same defects in Ovie's game, but the Ovie fans would now agree with us.  That's no fun.

One of the other things to note this year, is that with the new alignment, the Caps moved away from getting to play in what many believed was an easy SouthEast division.  In this years Metro, the Caps went 12-15-3.   Last year in the SouthEast they were 15-3-0 against the southeast while going 4-9-2 against the Atlantic.   

Can we say that the division was hiding many of Washington's deficiencies?