Morin injures his Achilles in final game

brelic

Someone mentioned this in the shoutbox. 

Mario Morissette ‏@Meojdeq  9h
Morin (entorse cheville ou genou) ne revient pas au banc pour la 3e période. Grande perte pour l'Océanic
(Morin [sprain/strained ankle or knee] won't be back on the bench for the 3rd period. Huge loss for the Oceanic)

Mario Morissette ‏@Meojdeq  9h
Morin reprend place au banc pour voir Tesink faire 6-5 pour l'Armada. Quel revirement.
(Morin is back on the bench in time to see Tesink make it 6-5 for the Armada. What a turn of events.)

Mario Morissette ‏@Meojdeq  7h
Samuel Morin souffre d'une élongation au tendon d'Achille. «Il a essayé de revenir mais c'était impossible», a dit S. Beausoleil #Océanic
(Morin has suffered an elongation/extension to the Achilles tendon. "He tried to return but it was not possible," said S. Beausoleil

Those are my translations. The word "elongation" is a bit unclear for me. It could be a hyperextension, but it definitely doesn't mean a tear. That would be something like "rupture."

I checked out the Rimouski newspaper this morning, and they talk about the game, but not much about Morin at all. The only thing they mention is that he was limping to the bench near the end of the 2nd after taking two strong hits. 

I hope he's ok. That was the elimination game, and Rimouski lost 8-7 in overtime. 

@brelic, I read the same article as well as the tweets. 

Whilst not good news in any way, a stretched/strained Achilles tendon sure as heck beats a rupture. 

Let's hope the kid is okay and doesn't suffer any long term issues as a result.

Absolutely! I hope he's able to rehab in time for camp as well. It's not a make or break year for him in terms of NHL since most people think he will be in the AHL at first, but it would still be a nice experience for him to be at the Flyers camp with guys like Ghost, Hagg, Alt, Lauridsen and bond with some of the regulars.

@brelic

Morin will still be a junior next season. And then he'll likely be an AHLer for a couple of seasons. Or three.

Well the good news is he stayed on the bench the rest of the game and supposedly he took part in the hand shake after the loss.....which is something you don't do with a serious Achilles injury weather minor or a rupture you don't/can't do that type of stuff. If it was that serious i would certainly be disappointed in his junior team fro having him out there with that type of injury.

So i will venture and guess its not serious. 

Edited by OccamsRazor

@brelic

Morin will still be a junior next season. And then he'll likely be an AHLer for a couple of seasons. Or three.

Right. I forgot that it was only his 3rd year. His numbers keep improving (31 pts in 54 games, and 8 pts in 11 playoff games this year), and I'm just stoked to see him on a more regular basis :)

Right. I forgot that it was only his 3rd year. His numbers keep improving (31 pts in 54 games, and 8 pts in 11 playoff games this year), and I'm just stoked to see him on a more regular basis :)

Yes and to keep a log jam out of the Phantoms blueline it would be best to return him next year if they want to keep him....

...Homer sees all that talent sitting on the Phantoms with Ghost and Hagg....

...we know he'll get impatient when he sees a shiny toy center somewhere and move one of the young guys for him i want to hold onto all these kids so they will have a blueline foundation to build on...

...they are doing it the right way all Homer has to do is hold onto them and watch them grow and it will pay dividends in the near future!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor

Well the good news is he stayed on the bench the rest of the game and supposedly he took part in the hand shake after the loss.....which is something you don't do with a serious Achilles injury weather minor or a rupture you don't/can't do that type of stuff. If it was that serious i would certainly be disappointed in his junior team fro having him out there with that type of injury.

So i will venture and guess its not serious. 

Good news...thanks OR.