Hawks-Blues playoff thread!

The Blackhawks will face the St. Louis Blues in the first round.  It's going to be a grind of a series.  I think the Hawks may have a good chance to win this series, but it will not be easy.  Toews and Kane are slated to be back soon, also.

I'll be in Michigan visiting family next week throughout the bulk of this series ... my dad and bro will be kind enough to allow me to watch the Hawks there since they will not be on as the same time as the Wings ... :lol:

Hawks down 2-0 in series

Well, this sucked.  After losing Game 1 in a heartbreaker 3OT loss, I was expecting Chicago to come back and play Blackhawk hockey.  What I saw today was not Blackhawk hockey.  What I saw was a load of you-know-what.  Come on, Hawks ... you're better than this!  :angry:

You're better than taking foolish (and dangerous) penalties like the one Seabrook took (What the hell was he thinking?!  One of our better clutch players and he takes a major penalty?!).  You're better than making a parrade to the penalty box and running out of your way to hit everything in sight just to prove ... what?  That we're bigger and tougher than the Blues?  The Hawks should prove how good a team they are on the scoreboard, not in the penalty box!!

The Blues have been the better team in this series thus far and the Hawks have also helped the Blues win by beating themselves, as well.

The Hawks, on the other hand, deserved to lose this game.

It's a shame. The Hawks really could be up 2-0 at this point. I agree st. Louis has dominated for stretches, but Chicago has been in position to win both and coughed them away.

Credit the Blues but the Hawks can do better.

• Like 1

The Hawks, on the other hand, deserved to lose this game.

I am with Ruxpin on this. It is interesting to see the distress in your post as a Hawks fan. For me, I think Chi could have won both games- and their fate certainly deserved at least one win. The missed high stick call against Chi was atrocious to me. If that gets called (correctly), we may not even be discussing the merits of the Seabrook hit. 

@ruxpin

@Vanflyer

Perhaps the Hawks could have been up two games to none at the time and hence could be done with this series ... but I didn't think they really brought their "A game" in the first two games.  One thing that always irks me about the Hawks sometimes is that they get into these ruts where they can't stay out of the box.  I didn't like Seabrok's penalty, either ... I get trying to make a hit, but I think he really overdid it.

The Hawks have been better since Game 2 but made some risky turnovers in Game 3.

Series tied!  :D

It's anyone's series now!  Which Hawks team will show up?  Hopefully not the one I watched in Game 2.  I still think the Hawks could do better, but we'll take a series tie now.

The Hawks need to keep the puck away from Tarasenko, though ... he's (almost) killing us!

Well, I was not expecting this game to end as it did.  It could have gone the Blues' way in the second period, when they had all those power plays, but the Hawks weathered that storm and came out of it stronger (although I think Coach Q gave the guys a talking-to between the 2nd and 3rd period).

It was a tough series and the Hawks had to work some issues out vs. intradivisional rivals, but we made it!  :D