Round 1 - Blues vs Blackhawks

hf101

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will will this first round series?

Consider this a general discussion thread for the Blues vs Blackhawks in Round 1

Regular season series (Blues lead 3-2-0)

Oct 9, 2013 Chicago 2, St. Louis 3

Oct 17, 2013 St. Louis 3, Chicago 2 (SO)

Dec 28, 2013 Chicago 5, St. Louis 6 (SO)

Mar 19, 2014 St. Louis 0, Chicago 4

Apr 6, 2014 St. Louis 2, Chicago 4

Your thoughts on the series...

No offense @hf101 but we have to wait and see what happens today.

http://www.sbnation....s-matchups-2014

• Minnesota will play the winner of the Central, STL or COL
• Chicago will play the Central's No. 2 seed, COL or STL

Who wins the Central?

The Colorado Avalanche and St. Louis Blues enter the season's final day with 111 points each. St. Louis hosts Detroit at 12:30 p.m. ET on NBC and TSN, while the Avalanche are on the road at Anaheim at 8 p.m. ET. Colorado will win the tiebreaker should the teams be tied at the end of the day, but if the Blues win and Colorado loses, St. Louis will take the Central Division crown.

The team that wins the Central will face the Minnesota Wild in the first round. The team that finishes second will face the Chicago Blackhawks. Both the Avs and the Blues will have home ice advantage in their first round matchups.

Ok with the Blues losing to Detroit today, that now wraps up the Divison for Colorado.  Colorado will win with the division (even if they lose tonght to the Ducks) based on the tie breaker of Regulation + OT wins.

Colorado will now play Minnesota in 1st round.

Chicago will play the Blues

Blues are having a hard time finding the back of the net right now.  Miller will keep it close.  I am assuming Toews and Kane are back for the playoffs.  IF that is the case gotta go with the Hawks.  Blues can't win if they don't score.  Miller will steal a game or two.

Chicago in 6

There is going to be one unhappy golfer.

Hawks in 6.  Possibly 5.  The wheels are off and St. Louis is suffering from Lake Erie stench.

There's going to be one unhappy golfer who blames the owner and the GM

Love the Blues here.  And to me the big thing is they escaped having to play the Kings in round one.  To me the kings would have been their worst matchup

Hard to disagree with that.  Very true.

One guy here has posted the 5 format. So he confused me

no one posted a 5 game format.  HF posted what the "SEASON" series was for each match-up.  The Western Conference teams play each other more often because there are less teams in the Western Conference then in the Eastern Conference.  It was only used to be a helpful tool in picking your winners instead of you have to do all the research.  Don't make it more complicated than what it truly is.

Its Miller time in the Windy city folks.  Steve Ott, will be a big help.   Go Blues!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I'm taking the Hawks. Not only has St. Lou stopped scoring, Miller has gone into bum mode. He's got 3 wins in his last 11 starts. Blame that on scoring? .857 .925 .692 .818 .862 .1.000 .852 .964 .880 ..833  .852  Those are some pretty bad numbers for a backup, let alone the Messiah. Add in the fact the Blues have yet to figure out what the Hawks have...how to win in the playoffs.

Both teams stumbled and bumbled down the stretch, I am going with the Blues in six. I believe they have enough skill to win against a Hawks team that looks very tired and not quite right.

Whither Toews and Kane ?

If those guys are 90% I take the Hawks in 6.

If those guys are not I take the Blues in 6

Hitch plays tight checking playoff hockey year round, they need to score, he needs to take them to happy hour to loosen them up or something.

too much talent to play like ass like they have been.

Blues in 6

Blues in 9.  Miller scores 11 touchdowns and holds the the Hawks to a sub-3.00 ERA. 1st step towards winning that Grey Cup.

LOL....Priceless!!!! :P

Meanwhile TJ Oshie will attempt to score from the Blue Line thus earning him 3 goals instead of 1! :D

Miller will take tickets, serve as an usher, drive the Zamboni, play goal, take an odd shift at center while remaining in his goalie gear, quarterback the Blues PP, return correspondence with his favorite pen pal HJ and then personally thank everyone as they exit the arena after the game with a handshake.

Despite the Ryan Miller show, the Blackhawks will win in 6

Edited by Samifan

Miller will take tickets, serve as an usher, drive the Zamboni, play goal, take an odd shift at center while remaining in his goalie gear, quarterback the Blues PP and then personally thank everyone as they exit the arena after the game with a handshake.

Despite the Ryan Miller show, the Blackhawks will win in 6

You forgot serving beer...