Flyers will try to move up in the Draft

hf101

25 members have voted

1. 1. Flyers 1st pick will be

Chara was great when the Bruins won the Cup. His play has gone downhill of late. He used to be an impact d-man....if I'm gonna call him one of those again, he needs to prove recent history was just a fluke or something.

When I think of a impact d-man, I think of a guy you would not hesitate to put into any situation. Up a goal with under a minute left, down a goal with under a minute left. You can trust him to clear the zone with efficiency, whether it is lugging it out himself or utilizing a teammate on a break out pass....but you *know* that 98% of the time he will not flub up a crucial play, that he will get the job done. There is a certain amount of finesse involved with being an impact d-man, not a lerch like Coburn who is only fast when he gets 3 strides going. Going from point A to point B in his own end, he gets used up by jitterbug forwards like Patrick Kane and the likes. You simply can't have this....you can't win when you top go to guy is Coburn....this has to be fixed.

Seriously, get reasonable. A defenseman is a lurch because a jitterbug like Kane makes them look bad? He does that to almost all of the NHL. Coburn has a good first step too, but he gets no credit where due. Most of his passes are fine, but the forwards can't receive a pass to save their lives.

He's not perfect, nor elite, but he's damn good. Like Carle, he would be missed just after immediately. Evaluate him fairly, as a solid but unspectacular top defenseman, and he's just fine. Compare him to Lindstrom and he will fall short. Regardless, Coburn is rarely the problem. It would be nice to get him a consistent partner, like the other top defenseman though.

And this Ekblad crap, who cares? Zero NHL games played. Everyone looks good playing against teenagers and on paper, but with the erratic hit rate of NHL prospects, I wouldn't move a single real asset to get him. Chances are high he won't turn out as well as Coburn. I don't know that, but then again, no one does.

Don't worry. I don't need to calm down because I don't really care.. i was just curious as I feel like most of us are so relieved not to be wondering what we're gonna do in nets that we'd only listen to offers on Mason if they involved Lundqvist or quick and quite frankly both of them have unrealistic contracts at this point so if probably not even listen to those offers.

Figured Mason would be the last guy in anyone's potential block at this point.

Yes i would listen to offers for every player there is no harm in listening. Calm down....i knew it would take long for someone to suggest i was trading the whole team.

Figured Mason would be the last guy in anyone's potential block at this point

I'm happy with Mase it's first time i've ever really been comfortable in net since i have followed the Flyers. But that is my point for Quick??? He gone!!!!!!

But that ain't happening!!!!!!! 

Seriously, go take a look at quick's contract in cap geek.

We'd dress quick and Claude and that'd be about it.

I'm happy with Mase it's first time i've ever really been comfortable in net since i have followed the Flyers. But that is my point for Quick??? He gone!!!!!!

But that ain't happening!!!!!!!

Video of NHL prospects taking batting practice off a tee at CBP:

http://m.mlb.com/phi/video/topic/8877464/v34040489/miaphi-top-nhl-prospects-join-batting-practice/?c_id=phi

Hate to say it but most of those guys look pretty pathetic. They've obviously played more golf than baseball...  :P

Edited by JackStraw