Simon Despres signs for two years

nossagog

The Pens have come to terms with Simon Despres, two years at $900k per year.   Very nice deal for the Pens, I've liked Despres, and don't think he was given a chance under DFB.  That should be it on defense to start the year(unless they can find someone to take Scuds off our hands).

The Pens have come to terms with Simon Despres, two years at $900k per year. Very nice deal for the Pens, I've liked Despres, and don't think he was given a chance under DFB. That should be it on defense to start the year(unless they can find someone to take Scuds off our hands).

That's great. Let's see what he's got!

Something tells me this is the last contract Despres signs that is under 2 mill a year.

Personally, I'm surprised he's still a Penguin.  I thought he may be a little bitter seeing how they treated Matta as opposed to him. Despres was always punished if he made a mistake on the ice as if he were a veteran the previous year, but Matta's mistakes were let slide. 

Personally, I'm surprised he's still a Penguin.  I thought he may be a little bitter seeing how they treated Matta as opposed to him. Despres was always punished if he made a mistake on the ice as if he were a veteran the previous year, but Matta's mistakes were let slide. 

Always better to just shut up and play...especially when youre young and lack experience. Interesting take though, I had no idea Matta was favoured so much. At least they are all on even ground with the new regime in place. Everyone will have the same chance to win them over, with no preconceived notions getting in the way.

I think the kid gets a fair shake....finally.  One of, if not my biggest, issues w/ Pepto Bylsma was his handling of Depres.

I think in general DFB had favorites who were given passes when the played bad.  His handling of young players in general was never good.

• Like 1