Downie

fanaticV3.0

@Vanflyer

Downie was an allstar in that tournament. His first OHL game after winning gold in the WJs was here in Barrie. They announced it and he got the big cheer. But after the game he showed it off to all the kids who wanted to see it and signed autographs until every last kid was gone. Close to an hour I'd say. (we were in the bar and had a good vantage point) Even my buddies who already had a hate on for him thought he was a pretty cool guy that night.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Downie was an allstar in that tournament. His first OHL game after winning gold in the WJs was here in Barrie. They announced it and he got the big cheer. But after the game he showed it off to all the kids who wanted to see it and signed autographs until every last kid was gone. Close to an hour I'd say. (we were in the bar and had a good vantage point) Even my buddies who already had a hate on for him thought he was a pretty cool guy that night.

Good story. Despite an up and down NHL career, his overall story to the fact he is even playing in the NHL is a good story (considering the car crash and all). I also saw him at the WJHC u20 in leksand and he was more ho-hum for me as compared to Vancouver.

• 2 weeks later...

Downie is apparently on pace to lap the league in Penalty Minutes. 

“If they want to take a bad penalty in a 2-1 game and give us a two-goal lead,” Islanders winger Matt Martin told New York reporters, “we’ll take that every time.”

Downie is apparently on pace to lap the league in Penalty Minutes. 

“If they want to take a bad penalty in a 2-1 game and give us a two-goal lead,” Islanders winger Matt Martin told New York reporters, “we’ll take that every time.”

so tochett has not reigned him in huh ... shocking.

Archived