Ghost

idahophilly

I want him to stick if he shows he can hang. I don't want him to be put into situations if he is being outplayed.

He looks ok so far. He's a good skater and has some good hands, but is small and not very good in his own end. He looks a little out of his element in that sense. Not great, not terrible either.

I want him to stick if he shows he can hang. I don't want him to be put into situations if he is being outplayed.

He looks ok so far. He's a good skater and has some good hands, but is small and not very good in his own end. He looks a little out of his element in that sense. Not great, not terrible either.

fair assessment - makes me wonder why he's a D-man. His gifts are obviously in the Vision/Puck-handling/Shooting departments. Maybe his foot speed is enough to keep him in front of the play on D but once the puck is deep in the Flyers' end he's going to lose the 1-on-1 battles...and forget about working in front of the net. I noticed most shifts he routinely gave up the space in front of Emery and played in front of the man (men) instead of behind him...which is a recipe for disaster in the NHL.

fair assessment - makes me wonder why he's a D-man. His gifts are obviously in the Vision/Puck-handling/Shooting departments. Maybe his foot speed is enough to keep him in front of the play on D but once the puck is deep in the Flyers' end he's going to lose the 1-on-1 battles...and forget about working in front of the net. I noticed most shifts he routinely gave up the space in front of Emery and played in front of the man (men) instead of behind him...which is a recipe for disaster in the NHL.

I had said on another thread, that in the future, what this young core needs is a couple of veterans. He is a perfect example why. The kid's got some wheels and hands, but he needs a veteran than can teach him to play D and also cover for him when he joins the rush.

Archived