Varlamov, your timing was right

yave1964

What would have happened if Ray Rice had punched out his fiancé and if Adrian Peterson had taken a tree branch to his son last year instead of this?

My opinion is when Varlamov beat the hell out of his girlfriend, if it had happened post Rice/Peterson he would be sitting beside the pool with Voynov wondering what happened.

I don't let politics enter into a decision of who i draft, Tim Thomas is as far to the right as I am to the left but i would have killed to have had him on my fantasy team a few years ago. Big Buff, wanna drink and drive your damn boat? Sure and then come anchor my blue line on my fantasy team. Patrik Kane if you wanna stiff a cabbie i will pay the fair if you score 40 for my fantasy club. You get the point.

But I am in three leagues and in none of them do i have Varlamov. That is not an accident. I just cannot route for te douche under any circumstance. I am glad he plays for the Avalanche, i hate the team, i still hate Patrick Roy and if the Wings had ever traded for Claude Freaking Lemieux i would have had an aneurism. Varly, you and Colorado deserve each other. I hope you get frostbit where the sun don't shine.

Your a lucky guy Varly, one year later and you woulda been out of the game for awhile instead of just a couple of games until your coach (Read Roy's rap sheet for beating his wife some day, just for fun) got you back in net and the Lanche had a solid season. Lucky guy, you should count your lucky stars, you knowlike the stars that were floating over your girlfriends head when you cold cocked her.

What would have happened if Ray Rice had punched out his fiancé and if Adrian Peterson had taken a tree branch to his son last year instead of this?

My opinion is when Varlamov beat the hell out of his girlfriend, if it had happened post Rice/Peterson he would be sitting beside the pool with Voynov wondering what happened.

I don't let politics enter into a decision of who i draft, Tim Thomas is as far to the right as I am to the left but i would have killed to have had him on my fantasy team a few years ago. Big Buff, wanna drink and drive your damn boat? Sure and then come anchor my blue line on my fantasy team. Patrik Kane if you wanna stiff a cabbie i will pay the fair if you score 40 for my fantasy club. You get the point.

But I am in three leagues and in none of them do i have Varlamov. That is not an accident. I just cannot route for te douche under any circumstance. I am glad he plays for the Avalanche, i hate the team, i still hate Patrick Roy and if the Wings had ever traded for Claude Freaking Lemieux i would have had an aneurism. Varly, you and Colorado deserve each other. I hope you get frostbit where the sun don't shine.

Your a lucky guy Varly, one year later and you woulda been out of the game for awhile instead of just a couple of games until your coach (Read Roy's rap sheet for beating his wife some day, just for fun) got you back in net and the Lanche had a solid season. Lucky guy, you should count your lucky stars, you knowlike the stars that were floating over your girlfriends head when you cold cocked her.

Is it confirmed he is guilty of something now?

I thought they dropped the charges and I remember reading it was because he actually never laid a hand on her. She filed the charges 2 weeks after he cancelled her credit cards, or something along those lines and did not have a scratch on her

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/11773836/semyon-varlamov-sued-civil-case-stemming-domestic-violence-incidents

This was from two weeks ago. The comments about cutting up her credit cards came from Varlamov's camp and people. She has decided to pursue this in a civil suit and the league is monitoring it. Like i said, last year, totally different outcome than what it would have been this year. Just ask Voynov.

Unless I've witnessed an event or seen video/pictures of something, I can't judge someone.  Hitting your spouse is not cool. ever. Either husband or wife.  But unless someone is convicted of something, or there is definitive proof of something, I think they should still be working/playing.

@yave1964   I said the same thing in a thread last month. If Varly pulled this stuff post Ray Rice, he is not playing. Amazing, when this came out, the NHL barely batted an eyelash. Now it's all the rave and Voynov pays the same price that Varly would have been doing. Public perception is behind this stuff, not the true feeling of the league...if that were the case, the whole Varly situation would have been been dealt with much differently right off the get-go.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/11773836/semyon-varlamov-sued-civil-case-stemming-domestic-violence-incidents

This was from two weeks ago. The comments about cutting up her credit cards came from Varlamov's camp and people. She has decided to pursue this in a civil suit and the league is monitoring it. Like i said, last year, totally different outcome than what it would have been this year. Just ask Voynov.

I still find it incredibly wrong to throw a guy under a bus without proof. When I see the proof or admission of guilt, then ill join you. No place for that nonsense in society. But people lie about this stuff all the time. While some people who tell the truth are not believed.

It is a touchy subject for me because I have seen firsthand how false allegations can turn your life upside down. I was EXTREMELY lucky in that I had  video evidence and text evidence that proved she was lying and mine was able to be resolved within a few weeks. I can give you details in a PM if you want lol.

I still find it incredibly wrong to throw a guy under a bus without proof. When I see the proof or admission of guilt, then ill join you. No place for that nonsense in society. But people lie about this stuff all the time. While some people who tell the truth are not believed.

It is a touchy subject for me because I have seen firsthand how false allegations can turn your life upside down. I was EXTREMELY lucky in that I had  video evidence and text evidence that proved she was lying and mine was able to be resolved within a few weeks. I can give you details in a PM if you want lol.

I had a situation, several years ago, not as egregious as this but pretty damn horrible nonetheless. Trying to disprove a negative is the damndest thing, I get that, it sounds like you and I have had similar situations.

In this world it seems though that pro athlete types, and college 'student/athletes' get away with so damn much simply because of who they are. This tape of the Ray Rice incident proves one thing, if you are gonna beat your old lady or your kid make certain to not have it videotaped or photographed. And hire a PR firm that blames the victim.

Can you prove without a doubt that Varlamov beat his ex? Any woman/man can make up any allegation and cause injury to themselves to "prove it." There is a thing called public records, you can read about how many individuals cause harm to themselves in order to obtain, money, child custody, restraining orders and much more. The female is continuing to go after Varly in a civil suit which proves in all cases that it is a money hungry situation. Until there is video evidence and hard proof that proves it, there is no need to keep on about the situation. Had there been sustainable evidence, Colorado would have lost their goaltender and he would have been suspended by the league as Voynov of the LA Kings.  

Archived