Did MacDonald suffer a setback? ... and other injury updates.

hf101

Although both Berube and Hextall state that MacDonald didn't suffer a setback he hasn't returned for on ice practice since Nov 6th.  Hextall doesn't seem to think there was a setback, although it sure does look that way.  

"He skated last time and I don't think it went as well as we would have hoped," Hextall said. "When a guy is that far away (from returning), if being on the ice doesn't add anything because you can only go to a certain level, what's the point in being out there? It didn't go great. So let's just pull back and continue other parts of his therapy and workouts."

"He's still on about the 4-week timeline that he was," Hextall said. "We kind of backed him off on the skating a little bit because there wasn’t enough to gain. Hopefully he gets back to skating later this week. He’s probably a week and a half of two weeks away."

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/flyers/Has-Andrew-MacDonald-suffered-a-setback-in-recovery.html

In other news L. Schenn has been skating before team practice with Ryan White, and Hextall is hopefully Luke will return before the full two week timetable.

In other news L. Schenn has been skating before team practice with Ryan White, and Hextall is hopefully Luke will return before the full two week timetable.

That could be qualified/quantified as MORE bad news.........

Depends on his injury. Sometimes the rule of thumb is "if you can stand to run/skate/bike/whatever" then you can do it. "

Maybe he tried and it just hurt too much so they sat him. Doesn't mean it's a set back, just that he tried to skate too soon and that his schedule is pretty much the same

That could be qualified/quantified as MORE bad news.........

Depends on his injury. Sometimes the rule of thumb is "if you can stand to run/skate/bike/whatever" then you can do it. "

Maybe he tried and it just hurt too much so they sat him. Doesn't mean it's a set back, just that he tried to skate too soon and that his schedule is pretty much the same

I was hoping that Schenn would be out for a longer period, not a shorter one. MacDonald has been at least decent on the blue line, I was hoping for better news on him than Schenn........

I'm far more concerned about Ghost and Morin than either of these guys. I like Mac PK too, and want him healthy. Schenn's been doing better I guess. But they'll both be back before Ghost at this point.

Morin might be playing again by now. Don't jnkw. Haven't checked.

I was hoping that Schenn would be out for a longer period, not a shorter one. MacDonald has been at least decent on the blue line, I was hoping for better news on him than Schenn........

Archived