Ryan Clowe's Dad busted for selling coke

yave1964

Ryan Clowe the Devils oft injured power forward who has been out since early November with a concussion will now be faced with an even bigger headache: his father has been charged with drug trafficking. 

Anthony Clowe, the father of New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe, has been charged stemming from a six-month police investigation into “high-level” cocaine trafficking in St. John's, Newfoundland.

Police say they seized: Nearly $350,000 in cash, cocaine, a loaded 9-mm prohibited handgun, ammunition, brass knuckles, a stun gun and a 2012 Toyota Tundra.

Two other men were also charged with multiple crimes in connection to this investigation including conspiracy to traffic in cocaine, per the CBC's report.

In his defense, if this had been in the United States, when you buy a Toyota Tundra if you purchase the luxury package it comes with 350 grand, cocaine and a loaded 9-MM handgun. brass knuckles and stun gun sold separately.

Ryan Clowe is not implicated.

Ryan Clowe the Devils oft injured power forward who has been out since early November with a concussion will now be faced with an even bigger headache: his father has been charged with drug trafficking.

Anthony Clowe, the father of New Jersey Devils forward Ryane Clowe, has been charged stemming from a six-month police investigation into “high-level” cocaine trafficking in St. John's, Newfoundland.

Police say they seized: Nearly $350,000 in cash, cocaine, a loaded 9-mm prohibited handgun, ammunition, brass knuckles, a stun gun and a 2012 Toyota Tundra.

Two other men were also charged with multiple crimes in connection to this investigation including conspiracy to traffic in cocaine, per the CBC's report.

In his defense, if this had been in the United States, when you buy a Toyota Tundra if you purchase the luxury package it comes with 350 grand, cocaine and a loaded 9-MM handgun. brass knuckles and stun gun sold separately.

Ryan Clowe is not implicated.

LOL. I saw that yesterday. Crazy. Was the charge actually trafficking? I thought it was slightly lesser charge...

@Podein25

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/12/father_of_devils_winger_ryane_clowe_charged_in_cocaine_trafficking_probe.html

I looked at it,most every headline screams Clowe's Dad charged in Cocaine Trafficking probe. My headline apparently is a bit hyperbolized as are most of the ones by 'responsible journalists,' lol.  

But if it is trafficking or just being a moron, this is not one of the smartest hockey parents in the history of the game, and the list of bad hockey parents is rather long......

The actual charge is money laundering and possession of property obtained by crime. More charges may come.

Archived